Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Hi Vanessa,

Welcome to the workshop community.

I used to sould like you about 35 years ago ha-ha

I too rode horses, showed them in western, harness etc...had a ball at the time, spent an obscene amount of money on them too as my family used to attest to as do your family about Bunings lol

I now live on a farm and have beef cattle and love it.

Look forward to hearing more about what you are doing.

Cheers,

Barbara

Hi John is it?

Welcome to the community

WOW you have been busy in your retirement and most definitely do sound like a jack of all trades and master of all !!

Look forward to some before and after photo's if you have any.

Cheers,

Barbara

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for introducing yourself @Johnnynl. You have fantastic experience and knowledge to share. I'm sure the Workshop community is going to learn a lot from you. I hope you also get plenty of ideas and inspiration from other community members. Looking forward to seeing what you have done with your country home. It sounds wonderful. Perhaps you'd like to start a new discussion and share some photos?

Thanks again,

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vanessa (@Robessa),

Welcome to Workshop. We're really happy to have you join the community. You'll find plenty of like-minded people here who share the same passions.

It would be great to see some of your projects. Perhaps you could post some pictures on the gallery?

Thanks again for introducing yourself. 

Jason

Rusty-Saw
Cultivating a Following

WP_20170223_17_42_15_Pro.jpg

Hi All, I have a lot of hobbies from wood and metal work to leadlight/stained glass I am also a avid fisherman with my own boat, all of which keep me busy. But I always have time for D.I.Y. and I am a compulsive tinkerer. My latest projects are my new workshop 7.5 x 10.5 x 5.5 with a mezzanine, all up I have 140 square mtrs of floor area, which I am in the process of setting up. I am getting into ride-on lawn mowers in that I am chopping up a few different brands and taking the best to construct what I hope will be the ultimate ride-on mower but time will tell. I like to go fishing and when I can't get on the water I repair or make my own rods, or keeping my boat up to my liking with small ideas and changes. I am recently retired and only wish for a 30 hour day, maybe even more. Anyway I will not bore you all to death as I am sure you all have things to do other than read about my wants, needs and passions. I have included a few pics, if you think I can help in any way please ask I will be only too happy to help with your projects, so if it doesn't work out you can blame me when you are trying to explain to your better half.

Thanks, Eric AKA (Rusty-Saw).

Hi Eric (@Rusty-Saw),

Many thanks for introducing yourself. 

Wow, that is an amazing workshop. You are really lucky! I'm sure there will be many members of the Workshop community who will be jealous! We look forward to seeing some of the projects that you build in such a great space.

I'm sure you will find many like-minded people here in the Workshop community and it sounds like you have a lot of skills and knowledge to share. A very warm welcome to you.

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great to see so many new community members join us this week. A big welcome to you all. 

Feel free to introduce yourselves. You'll find this is a fun, friendly, helpful and welcoming community.   

And if you need a hand with anything, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Thanks,

Jason

gbaker1512
Finding My Feet

Hello

Hi, Everyone

My name is Geoff, I am a retired 62 young male, I love working in wood and allthough I don't consider myself a craftsman I do enjoy using my hands and making things.

I look forward to being part of the workshop community

Re: Hello

Hi Geoff (@gbaker1512),

Many thanks for introducing yourself and a very warm welcome to Workshop. We have many community members who are keen woodworkers and I'm sure they will be more than happy to share their knowledge and experience with you. 

I'm looking forward to seeing some of the items you have crafted. Perhaps you could share some on the gallery? 

If you need a hand getting the most from the site, please let me know.

Jason

bas
Just Starting Out

Re: Hello

Hello,

My name is Bas. I'm an IT engineer by profession. But I love to integrate DIY IT into the house. When we bought our house last year, the garden was almost barren, no plants, no lawn whatsoever.

So far, we have made our front garden presentable, with a lush green lawn, hanging pots, raised veggie patches, and more in the pipeline.

Being in IT, both my wife and I, hardly find time to water our garden. Hence we thought of automating the garden with Internet Of Things.

Now our garden is fully automated with time and weather based watering for different parts of the garden.

We are using the below for our projects.

1. One Raspberry Pi to act as a master.. This sits inside our house.
2. Four ESP 8266 based controllers around the house. These communicate with Raspberry Pi using WIFI.. So no mess with wires. And no drilling holes in the walls.
3. Soil Moisture sensors to read the moisture level, to demand for water when required.
4. Totally controllable from mobile phone when not at home.

Once our garden is fully done, we are then planning to automate lights, etc.

Looking forward to get lots of advise from this forum. Anyone out there who share similar interests.. would love to connect with you people.

And all the best for all your DIY projects.

Regards,
Bas

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects