Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Catherine1
New Contributor

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Hi Catherine here from WA I'm partially buying an ex homes west rental and need a labotamy. Barely able to keep up with maintenance, actually that's not true its lagging severely. Blessed with two children grown up. 3 by 1 brick and tile. I have heaps of tools from garage sales and stiff given to me but have no idea how to use them. ATM trying to hang doors, thought it was going to be easy. NO .... I bought 4 second hand doors. Long story short went to bunnings and bought new latches etc. I have everything but wood plane. Once I have my plane hoping this site will help. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sure the Workshop community will be more than happy to help with any advice you need @Catherine1. We have many members happy to share their experience and knowledge with others. Feel free to start a new discussion anytime you need a hand.

Thanks for introducing yourself. It's lovely to have you join us. Looking forward to reading more about your projects and plans.

Welcome.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
stewy64
Budding Browser

Hi Everyone,
My name is Peter. I'll give pretty much anything a go when it comes to DIY. Painting, house maintenance, building projects. I have a workshop in the backyard, 6x4 shed, should have bought a bigger one. My next project will be making 2 console [xbox] desks for my two boys. My idea is to make the desks with storage and mount the tv screens on a backboard so they are not on the desk top.
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Peter (@stewy64),

Great to have you join us. Love your can-do attitude. I'm sure you'll fit in just fine in the Workshop community! 

It would be great if you could document that Xbox project for us. I'm sure it will inspire other community members. You might also get some advice and suggestions from others as you go. I'd encourage you to click on the Start a discussion button and kick off with a post about your plans. You can also add photos along the way. It sounds like a fantastic project.

Welcome aboard, and please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site.

Jason

Adam_W
Valued Contributor

Hi all,
I'm a gardener, horticulturist, serious DIY'er & very into practical sustainability.
My main gig is what back in ye olden days would have been described as a 'journalist' but these days it's 'multimedia communicator' as I write, photograph, create video & on-line content etc.
Trying (once certifiers & council get their collective acts together...) to embark on my biggest DIY yet... owner-builder on a reno & extension of our home...
BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

@Adam_W
Welcome to the forum...Unfortunately non-compliance is a major issue for the Battlers & Punters building and constantly in the headlines every day.
LOL...Sounds like they are debating your design/build?
In the words of Chris Rock
"There's Maths & Everything else is debatable"
Please call out if you need a (virtual) hand
Adam_W
Valued Contributor

Hey @BIM_Engineer

Our Council (Sunshine Coast in Qld) has a bee in their bonnets at the moment about dispersal zones of biocycle systems so they are dragging the chain over that.
Not helped by our certifier, who we only came to through our designer, assuming that we wouldn't need to worry too much about it...
Left us starting on the back foot.

BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

@Adam_W
Mate, I know what it's like,
When you get stuck with a Master Debater
"Logic without math & proofs just don't cut it (red tape)...."
Goodluck!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great to have you join the Workshop community @Adam_W. It sounds like you're a talented all-rounder and I look forward to you joining in both D.I.Y. and gardening discussions. Welcome.

All the very best with your big project. Feel free to hit the Start a discussion button any time you need a hand or would just like to share what you've been up to. 

Jason

Adam_W
Valued Contributor

Thanks @Jason, looking forward to learning & sharing!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects