Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Wangara
Getting Established

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Hi, I am Anna. My husband Jim and I bought a bushblock in Nsw. We are now building a house as owner builders. Never built anything before, but having so much fun doing it. Love to learn and see how other people are doing things. Looking forward to go through the blog and other pages. Cheers Anna
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to Workshop Anna (@Wangara). It's fantastic to have you join us. 

Congratulations on your purchase. This must be such an exciting time for you building your own house. You might like to connect with members like @ProjectPete@Baretta11 and @TheFoxSays who are also building new homes at the moment. @Baretta11 has documented her adventure on this thread - From scratch - while I believe @ProjectPete is just about to get started on the build of his new double-storey home.

Perhaps you could start a new discussion and share your plans? It would be great to see what you have planned, and community members would be more than happy to provide advice and inspiration along the way.

Thanks again for joining us.

Jason

@Wangara

Hi Anna,

Welcome to you and Jim to the community.

I am no expert having gone through plenty of hiccups with the building of our home but 10 years on, we are almost ready to move in, just a few more skirting boards to do, some painting etc... so it is very exciting.

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions and if I can't help you someone in the community will!!

Good luck with your project start in 2018

Cheers,

Barbara

Wangara
Getting Established

Thank you Barbara
Rhys
Cultivating a Following

Hello,

I am a sixteen year old boy who loves welding, using machines like tracked skid steer loaders and dump trucks.

My main hobby is Radio Control cars, I have an Axial Wraith Spawn, that I paid $620 for including the battery and charger

Rhys
Cultivating a Following

I call a sausage in bread a sausage sizzle

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great to have you join us @Rhys. Many thanks for introducing yourself. It would be fantastic to see some photos of your creations using the welder. 

Jason

hello my name is ken i'm retired and love working around our home. i will tackle most jobs but sometimes i will call the experts to be sure. i look forward to having a conversation with you all from time to time. thank you. ken.

Hi Ken (@bindowan109)

Many thanks for introducing yourself. You'll find lots of like-minded retirees here in the Workshop community who also love having a go at D.I.Y. and maintenance jobs around the house. Feel free to post whenever you need a hand or have something to share. It would be great to see some of the projects that have been keeping you busy lately.

Thanks again,

Jason

Neilus
Growing in Experience

Hello ALL , Hi my name is Neil , My mate calls me Neilus so this is my Intro name . I very much enjoy Woodworking , anything I can do with wood on a small scale I'll have a go at . I have made two Rail Racks for my Wonderful Sister . One is outdoors for Airing / Drying Clothes , the Second is for indoors where we hang the Saucepans etc . Also a small rack for her Oven Trays , Cake Tins & Cutting Boards . As you can see they are smallish items that I could handle on my own . You may ask why but I have very severe neck & back Issues that limit me to what I can do . Prior to my injury I was like most of you that could wield an Electric Planer ; an Angle Grinder etc , etc . Now my work capacity is limited to the small or lighter applications around the house . As We are Renters there is very little that can be done anyway so if something arises I / We will attempt to accomplish the task . Thank you all for supplying the projects and ideas you have done or intend doing . They are fantastic work and I appreciate being able to connect with these and even learn more from the experienced community members . I wish you all well in your forth-coming projects and I look forward to seeing / learning more as time moves on . Good Luck and May you Enjoy your chosen tasks even more as you progress . Cheers ALL ; Neilus .

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects