Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
r23on
Amassing an Audience

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Hello 

My name is Ron or r23on

I thought I should intorduce myself since I have put in a few photos to share. I retired in 2012 worked a bit of part time and travled to China to do some teaching.

My background primarily is Mech Engineering, some military service, eventualy teaching in the electrical, electronic and computer systems engineering for 20 years.

I enjoying making / repairing things either in metial and still dabel in a bit of computer eng and networking.

On the wood working side of things I like to pust the envelope by using old techniques of joining such dovetailing fingure jointing and dowling.

I guess that summes me up for now

Rhys
Cultivating a Following

Hello Barbara (@Baretta11),

Here are some pictures of what I did in my school holidaysYean St.jpg

Yean St (2).jpgYean St (3).jpgYean St (4).jpgYean St (5).jpgYean St (6).jpgYean St (7).jpg

Regards,

Rhys

simondavis
Getting Established

Hello, I'm Simon.  I've been a DIY'er for about 30 years now.  No particular expertise but I've done a lot of renovating, and gardening too.  A lot of trial and error, mostly error.  My next project is building and landscaping our own home at Moss Vale, NSW.  I'm bound to have many questions.  Sausage on a piece of bread is a "sausage sizzle".  

@simondavis,

A big welcome to the Workshop community. We're really pleased you could join us at this exciting time. You must be thrilled to be building your our home. We have a few others doing the same at the moment, including one of our community founders @ProjectPete. Perhaps you could start a new discussion and share your plans with us? I'm sure our members would love to give you some advice and feedback along the way. 

Jason 

Baretta11
Becoming a Leader

@Rhys

We just recently completed our septic too, big job isn't it with excavators, heaps of rock fill but it's all complete now, thank goodness we have our own loader and a friends small excavator!! 

Just need to get the excavator back now to relevel the site now we've had some time pass for all the dirt to settle in all the trenches, then I'll be able to plant a new lawn in the area before the winter sets in.

Thanks Ryse for sharing and look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Cheers,

Barbara100_2738.JPG100_2742.JPG100_2746.JPG

Neilus
Growing in Experience

Hi All , I have finally been able to get some photos of my little projects but not sure how to upload them for your perusal . Maybe someone could advise on the process of doing so please . I don't mind sharing what I have done but need to point out most of my pieces were done prior to my injury . The smaller ones were done after the damage . I hope you will enjoy them once I am able to upload them . Keep up the good work All . Cheers Neilus .
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Neilus,

Great to see you worked out how to upload images to Workshop and have shared some photos of your work. 

Feel free to get in touch anytime you need a hand getting the most from the site.

Jason 

Cassie
Getting Established

Hi I'm Cassie and I am building a house in a nice well established estate. The block doesn't have a single tree or plant on it. I am trying to gather multiples of plants for a formal front garden, and some more established plants as features. Once the house is built is when the real work begins! As a single lady with no practical skills... I may have bitten off a little more than I can chew... I thought it was called a sausage sanga?
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Cassie,

Welcome to Workshop. We're really pleased you could join us at such an exciting time. All the very best with your build. Feel free to post anytime you need some advice, information or inspiration. We have many community members who are happy to share their experience, knowledge and expertise. 

You might be interested in this popular post from @maknilsin as he was also starting from scratch - Backyard makeover

Thanks for introducing yourself and joining in the discussion on Workshop.

Jason

MzB
Just Starting Out

Re: Welcome to your Workshop

Thanks for setting up this forum!  I’m Irene, an Early Childhood Educator from Brisbane.  I’m into anything to do with succulents, upcycling/recycling for the home and garden, and sustainability.  A  project i’d Like to try is making lightweight concrete (foamcrete, perhaps??) garden furniture.  Looking forward to being in contact with some like-minded peeps. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects