Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Hi I'm Pete, I'm a project addict. My favourite things to do are build furniture and features from recycled materials and to restore old pieces. I love uniqueness and things with stories. Most recent projects include pallet garden beds, a huge floating blackboard and next is pool furniture.
----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Welcome to Workshop @ProjectPete.

I'm really looking forward to seeing some of your creations. Perhaps you could upload some photos to the Gallery?

Great to have you as part of the community.

Jason

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

I should add to this. I'm currently doing extension renos and improvements to my house so have lots to share and more to come.

I learned a lot from a very qualified, experienced and skilled dad so I've managed to get a grasp of doing most things around the house
----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
TheDIYdecorator
Getting Established

RE:Introduce Yourself to the Community

My name is Zoe and I go by the alias The DIY Decorator. 

I am now a stay at home mum but back in the day I was an Interior Decorator. I have always loved decorating and making beautiful spaces while also having a huge passion for DIY and budget friendly decorating.

I run an Instagram and Facebook page as The DIY Decorator posting ideas, inspiration and projects ideas. At he moment I am experimenting with cement and concrete which is lots of messy fun! My husband and I are currently designing molds for cement homewares...trying anyhow!

Sausage in a slice of bread-Snagwich??

Zoe  

Re: RE:Introduce Yourself to the Community

Hey Zoe (@TheDIYdecorator)

Great to have you join us. I'm looking forward to reading some of your ideas and getting inspired!

I do like the Snagwich, too. Maybe all of the country could get around a new name like that as an end to all this division!

Jason

Matt
Finding My Feet

Hi there Everyone,

When it comes to gardening, I'm a crazy fan of growing rose bushes and azaleas, yes their high maintenance but that's half of the fun right!

Kind regards; Matt

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

A very warm welcome @Matt, I look forward to your gardening tips.

I'll also be keen to read your answer to this - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Gardening/What-is-your-favourite-plant-in-your-garden/m-p/162

Jason

She_Skills
Having an Impact

Hi Workshop Community.  

My name is Meg and I am an avid DYIer and Bunnings tragic.  I work as a safety adviser by day and am in the process of launching a new company called She Skills teaching power tool skills and basic timber construction to women.  

My husband is a qualified cabinet maker and over the past 16 years, he's taught me lots of skills.  I fell pretty fortunate to have had such a good teacher, so I thought it was about time I paid it forward.  

We are always working on projects, but over the Christmas holidays we are planning on painting the other half of our apartment, and replacing all the shirting boards we ripped up when putting down our lovely engineered brushbox floor boards.  I am a big fan of using recycled timber and spend a lot of time scouring through salvage yards looking for hidden gems!!

Look forward to chatting with you all!!

Meg

Welcome to Workshop Meg (@She_Skills).

It's fantastic to have you as part of the community. Your new company teaching woodworking and powertool skills to women sounds fantastic. I'm sure the Workshop community will really benefit from your knowledge and expertise. 

Good luck with your Christmas projects. I look forward to hearing a lot more about them - and seeing some photos!

Jason

GregJ
Growing in Experience

Hi everyone.  My name is Greg.  I am a recent transplant to Australia.  I moved to the Sydney north shore as we lived there many years ago.  We searched for an apartment for a long time.  I finally found one that I knew could be home as it came with this mini-workshop.  Looking forward to conversing on this site.

apt wkshop.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects