Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
David1
Growing in Experience

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Thank you I am very happy with the way it's all turning out, it is very relaxing down there in loch sport behind us is all natural bush land 

diy4me
Just Starting Out

Hi Everyone,

I've always tackled various house and garden projects, lots of painting as I've had several weatherboard houses, bits of landscaping and on rare occasions built something like the pool storage box pictured or improving garage storage.

Not so many diy projects of late, more getting rid of things have held onto for too long via Gumtree.

I don't think I call a sausage on bread anything, usually say 'I'll have one of those'.

1-DSCN2698.JPG

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @diy4me,

Love that pool storage box. I'll have one of those! :smile:

Many thanks for introducing yourself and joining us here on Workshop. I'm sure you'll find plenty of inspiration from our members for future projects. Please let us know if you ever need a hand with anything.

Jason

@Cassie,

Don't let me stop you from planting out the Pandanas but it's good to know what you have to do to keep it "tamed" if that is even possible. It did seem some of the varieties were better than others and you don't need to have a female plant if you didn't want the fruit.

I know what you mean about how much larger specimens can cost, I have bottle trees for example and even a 1.5mtr plant was around $100 and that was more than enough spent for my liking but they have grown pretty well and after 14 years, the biggest is a decent size at about 6mtrs!!

Thank you for your kind comments re: my photo's. I did in fact draw out a very detailed sketch of the entire site including the position of my home, it's angle to north and then my garden all around it and especially access being the driveway etc...

Everybody should do this when they can start with a blank canvas so to speak as you are doing, making sure along the way that you don't forget things like garden taps, a place for the rubbish bins etc...

I found by drawing things to scale, allowed me to put everything into prospective, not to mention it's exciting to see your own home plan slowly becoming a reality if only on paper initially.

I tried to be very accurate with my measurements because sometimes you may think you have heaps of room for something only to find when you attempt it in reality, there isn't sufficient room.

My garden was very challenging because there was nothing square, all angles in every direction but drawing it out allowed me to decide what I could and couldn't do.

Good luck with your journey.

Cheers,

Barbara

Tranzap
Finding My Feet

Hello Everyone

My Name is Neil

I Like to reno Jobs

My first was a Unit 2 B/R 1 Bath 1 carspace

Was our Rental Property for 10 Years,Till we moved from Sydney to Brisbane in 2014

So wife decided it Needed New paint,Carpet and a night of Drinking with her cousin decide we need Tiles on floor(which i have never done before) and reno the Kitchen.

So Tiling was very interesting Brother in Law had layed couple pack of tiles.

So they came down Saturday morning showed me how to lay 4 Full tiles then said they have to go so had to figure out how to cut tiles and measure tiles the correct way as cut a few tiles backwards. So tiled Hall and Kitchen over 2 week period

Painting ,Tiling and Kitchen nearly Done. Wife and Cousin had another Drinking Session and Decide Loungeroom needs to be Tiled as Well instead of Carpet.Well a week later after shuffling Loungeroom Back and forth Tiling Done

Then started fixing up Bathroom half way through Wife decided we are going to Move and Buy a House.

Put on Market a week later after cleaning up half finish Bathroom.Sold 3 week Later

Hadn't found new place as yet so moved in to Wifes Brothers Place took just over 3 months to find the place we wanted and another 2 months till we could get in to it

And that is another story to follow

Thanks

Neil

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

G'day Neil (@Tranzap)

Thanks for introducing yourself. You sound like you're a perfect fit for the Workshop community - someone who is not afraid to roll the sleeves up and give anything a go. We're pleased you could join us.

We're looking forward to reading more about your projects and plans soon. Please post whenever you have something to share or need a hand. We've got lots of helpful and experienced members who are always happy to help. And if you've got some photos of some of those projects you mention, we'd love to see them. Just hit the Start a discussion button and you're away...  

Also feel free to let me know if you have any feedback about how we can make Workshop more useful to you. 

Jason

Lawrencet834
Finding My Feet

New to the scene

Hello kitty first post here. Am giving a hand to construct a double shed tomorrow. I will post photos up as we progress

1523015953479750638813.jpg

Lawrencet834
Finding My Feet

Wallah everybody im happy to be here with passionate people

I'm from New Zealand and have a passion for carpentry, i work in the industry and attempt to leàrn and apply all I learnt. Looking forward to hearing ànd seeing your posts

Re: New to the scene

Welcome aboard @Lawrencet834. Great to have you as a member of our Workshop community. I'm looking forward to seeing how your shed build progresses. Please post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. I trust you'll receive lots of encouragement, advice and inspiration along the way from the rest of our creative and knowledgeable community.

Jason

Re: Wallah everybody im happy to be here with passionate people

Many thanks for introducing yourself @Lawrencet834. As a carpenter, I'm sure you have a lot of experience, knowledge and wisdom that you can share with the community. We're really pleased you could join us and encourage you to jump into the discussions. I'm also really looking forward to reading more about your projects and plans, including your current shed project

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the Workshop site. 

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects