Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
DIY_Dad
Cultivating a Following

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Hi, Im Keith

A father of two and a DIY enthusiast.

I have interests in carpentry and gardening.

I am a regular attendant at the local sausage sizzle!

glcl
Getting Established

HI everyone

I am the latest newbie. I like nothing better than to have a day to myself in the shed. I am happy to have a go at anything but don't always end up with a craftsman job. But hey - its the journey.

Snag on bread - Its a Bunnings Sanger of course!

glcl

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

@glcl

Welcome! It's fantastic to have you join the community. I like your "have a go" spirit and am looking forward to hearing more about your projects soon.

Please give me a shout if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site. 

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Keith (@DIY_Dad)

Let me extend to you a very warm welcome to Workshop. Many thanks for joining us. I hope you find the site to be informative - there's certainly plenty of like-minded people in the community who enjoy carpentry and gardening like you.

Looking forward to hearing more about your projects. Perhaps you'd like to start a new discussion about what you have been working on lately or share a photo on the gallery of something you have made. 

Jason

Daz
Getting Established

Hi community,My name is Darren but i go under Daz i live in the middle of Tassie and would class myself as a pretty good handyman that had a bad injury to my back that has slowed my mobility considerably but i still love to hobble to my workshop/shed and tinkle at anything i can put my hands to,so I’m always looking at improving and trying different projects hence the reason i joined this great group,thats about it from me just want to say Gday to everyone
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great to have you join us @Daz. Looking forward to hearing more about your plans and projects. Welcome to the community.

Jason

hope
Finding My Feet

Living alone in a country where no family is is difficult: So I am from Canada a would like to learn how and what to plant in the way off plants not into veggies for my garden, what type off fertilizer are best etc
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to Workshop @hope and thank you for introducing yourself. It's great to have you join the community. I'm sure Workshop members will be keen to help you to choose appropriate plants and make them flourish. The discussion what will you be planting in autumn might be a good place to start. You are also welcome to start a new discussion with some questions. If you could share where you are based and perhaps even some photos of your space it will help members to give more specific advice.

Looking forward to seeing your posts.

Jason

Yorky88
Becoming a Leader

Hi Everyone

My name is Marty York. I am an education assistant in a school for disengaged and at-risk youth. I am also a DIY enthusiast like all of you guys. My hobby which I am looking to develop into my own business is to build furniture and garden beds out of pallets and other recycled timber products. I just built a portable work bench out of pallets and old dinning tables that I got off gumtree. I am super happy with it because it makes my Garage so much cleaner and easier to find things when I need them. Not to mention it gives me the bench space I need when I am working on my other builds. I will post some pics of my recent builds in the gallery.

I am always interested in learning new tricks and seeing what other people are doing and getting new ideas. I am looking forward to getting to know people and to learn lots from you all.

My favourite ice cream flavour is Cherry. There is nothing better lol
Cheers

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marty (@Yorky88)

It's great to have you join us. I'm looking forward to seeing your handiwork. 

You might be interested in these community posts:

Welcome aboard. Please let me know if you need a hand getting the most from the Workshop site.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects