Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Baretta11
Becoming a Leader

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Hi Hope,

Tell us what state you're in so fellow members can be of more assistence.

Welcome too.

Cheers,

Barbara

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Hi Barbara @Baretta11 & Mike (sorry Mike, I couldn't find your post that Barbara replied to)

I couldn't agree more about appreciating sales staff. There's something special about seeing someone's face light up, when you greet them cheerfully, with respect, & care for their situation.

I grimace when customers grunt, or ignore polite check out personnel. Heck, what's so hard about saying "good thanks"?

And as you say, asking them how they are, shows that you appreciate them, & is so rewarding when they cheer up.

My aim in life is simple, bring a smile to a complete stranger every day. I'm happy/busy at home so I don't go out much, & when I do, I walk whenever possible. I love it, it's so much more like being amongst the community than driving, & I've had some truly rewarding experiences from greeting people as we cross paths.

An example was a stern looking woman, who kept her head down as I greeted her one day. The next time, she hesitatingly gave a glance, & moved on. The third time, she replied & had the most beautiful smile. I will never forget that moment, a barrier was broken, & she blossomed.

Waiting rooms are my centre stage, I love engaging people with a cheerful entry & invariably I have a chat with someone, or several people. It's really uplifting when people say that it was wonderful that we had a chat.

The grumps of the world need to learn that appreciating others, can brighten their own day, but I dream.

Trying
Making a Splash

Hello people, I'm a spring chicken in my 70th year so please....be gentle with me ??. I live in a recently purchased cabin which I lovingly refer to as my "she-shed". The interior has been dragged kicking and screaming into this century from back in the days of flower- power,mustard carpet and woodgrain laminex walls - I kid you not ! Now I'm ready for the exterior but don't have a fortune to spend as I'm a pensioner. I'm so looking forward to being a part of this wonderful site ! Looking forward to getting some tips for bush gardens, growing veges,vertical garden for herbs,uses of railway sleepers,and so much more.. The most interesting thing about me is...I already have funeral insurance!...oh yes..and my sense of humour. Cheers.

Sorry, I forgot to say I live on NSW/VIC border near the Murray river, and what do I call that snag in a piece of bread ??? Missing it's mate....TOMATO SAUCE !!!!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to Workshop @Trying. It's great to have you join the community. I'm sure you'll discover plenty of useful information, tips and advice from other community members for your projects. Many thanks for joining us and for introducing yourself. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your posts soon and reading more about your projects.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Trying

You & I are going to get along just fine kid, life's great, but it shouldn't stop us poking fun at it. : )

I'm looking forward to more of your sense of humour. 

@Trying,

Welcome!!

I love the 'she-shed' comment ha-ha

Hubby and I were just discussing funeral insurance again a few days ago, something we must do soon!!!

Hope you enjoy this workshop forum as much as I have been.

Cheers,

Barbara

Hi Baretta 11,thanks for the welcome - and I'm already loving this forum. Great to connect with so many friendly people who all have something in common - the desire to create a comfortable home for themselves and their family. Gotta love Australia. Cheers P.S. Get that funeral insurance before your next birthday or the price will go up. Ha ha.

@Trying,

Yes, been talking about funeral insurance for some time now but will go a slightly different path with a prepaid. A one of fee at todays price, the money is invested by the funeral company and so our funeral arrangements will be complete.

My mother in law did this many years ago and it worked perfectly. I guess the only difference is paying the money up front, where as most insurance plans nowadays have you paying monthly, very suitable if you are a pensioner for example.

We're farmers and although I don't protest to be rich, we can afford to pay a lump sum but if we change our minds, we'll take your advice on board.

Next birthday is in Sept for both of us, so we'll try to be sorted out by then ha-ha

Have a great day.

Cheers,

Barbara

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Trying

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETHEART : )

OOOOPS, wrong sweetheart.

See, this is exactly what happens to me when I try to be smart, but what I do know is that this blooper is going to cost me big time. : (

By the way, you look gorgeous as always Trying ... grovel ... grovel. Did that work?

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects