Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
simon_c
Growing in Experience

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Hey all!

My name is Simon, I've always been a key DIYer regardless of the context (home, car, life). Been getting more into home DIY since I've been looking at buying my first home (very good to understand what serious jobs entail etc. :wink:

Looking forward to owning my own canvas so I can seriously get my hands dirty in my spare (!) time :smile:

Cheers,

Simon

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to Workshop @simon_c. It's great to have you join us.

Buying a new home is certainly an exciting project. Feel free to post about any houses you are looking at. I know community members like @Isobel have posted to get feedback about potential properties in the past. I'm sure you will receive plenty of helpful information, inspiration and advice from Workshop members. 

Thanks again for joining and for introducing yourself.

Jason

Baretta11
Becoming a Leader

Hi Donna,

Welcome to the forum!!

Look forward to getting finished pictures of your current project.

I couldn't think of anything more difficult than a chair, you've picked a pretty difficult project but if you succeed, nothing will seem difficult again ha-ha

Cheers,

Barbara

HI Simon,

Welcome to the community!!

Look forward to your announcement of finally owning your own home and the DIY projects you decide on.

Cheers,

Barbara

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Dola welcome aboard, & to set you up, I think I've found a great blogger tip for removing paint from furniture:

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/how-to/stripping-painted-furniture

I've not done it, but her method works best when the plastic makes intimate contact with the stripper, so maybe apply Glad-Wrap (with the stippling brush method) to the fiddly bits? :think:

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's fantastic to have so many new community members join us this week. Please introduce yourself to the community and make yourself at home.

Jason

mountainman
Finding My Feet

Hi All, my name is Clive i'am a qualyfied floor layer of some 59 years i look at myself as a 73 yo teenager, love motorbikes and bike racing i currently have no projects on, but my main reason for joining is to help others if i can and maybe someone will be able to help me should i ask the question.

LilShep
Getting Established

Hi All, My name is Alysia and I reside in the lovely town of Mackay.
I have a passion for Native Plants and love to grow new varieties from seed, I also love designing native gardens.
I am a big fan of using organic and Old fashioned solutions to solve common problems rather than chemicals and I love teaching people about Companion Planting.
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Welcome aboard Clive, you'll love this community, it's chocka block with helpful & cool people. You're expertise will be greatly appreciated, I do my best to help where I can, but there've been times when I'm completely floored. :grin:

It's also great to have another teenage senior in our ranks, there are a few of us, but I'm definitely the larrikin of the group. You're welcome to step into that role too if you like, I need someone to back me up. :wink:

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

A huge unofficial welcome me Alysia, & I'm sure, the complete Workshopper community.

You'll love it here, there's a wide spread of interests & expertise, plus they're all wonderful people.

I'll definitely be hanging out for your contributions, as I'm also mad about native gardening, & an avid zero chemical gardener. :bigsmile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects