Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

@mountainman,

Hi Clive,

A warm welcome to you from someone who will be trying to lay tiles in our new build perhaps next year. Still plaster, painting etc... to do first!!

Looking forward to be "floored" (pun intended) by your stories perhaps as a tradie. I'm sure you have some doozies!!

Cheers,

Barbara

@LilShep,

Welcome Alysia to the community.

I commend you on your dedication growing plants from seed. A very long and drawn out process fraught with allot of failure and also amazing successes.

Our daughter grew several hundred ficafolia's from seed that she collected and with absolutely no prior gardening experience, was very successful and her small property, also in a lovely country town, is adorned by her flowering gums.

I always loved a neat as a pin garden and love spending time in it as often as possible.

Cheers,

Barbara

Hi Clive (@mountainman)

A very warm welcome to Workshop. It's wonderful to have you join the community. I'm excited that you are so keen to share your vast experience and knowledge with the community. I'm sure that you have a lot to offer. I also hope you find plenty of inspiration and information here, and have plenty of fun. You'll certainly find plenty of like-minded people, including many who are young at heart like you! And we've already had lots of interesting flooring discussions, which you might like to check out here.

Thanks again for joining us.

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for introducing yourself Alysia (@LilShep). A warm welcome to the Workshop community. I'm sure you will find plenty of like-minded community members hanging out in the gardening discussion board

I'm looking forward to you sharing some photos of the native gardens you have designed. It sounds like you have some fantastic experience and knowledge that you can share.

Thanks again for joining us. Please post again soon.

Jason

Canolice
Getting Established

Hello everyone. My name is Candice and I would like to think I am pretty handy, but I usually end up calling in help (dad) when I get stuck.

I love doing different things around the home (as long as it isn't housework). I have 2 young boys and also volunteer as a Girl Guide leader. So I try and make things for my boys and projects for Guides.

I have a vegetable garden (currently over run by ants) and weeds which will be my next post on how to conquer and get rid of those, so my boys and I can plant some new vegetables.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what you are all up to and sharing experiences.

Thanks
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for introducing yourself @Canolice. A very warm welcome to Workshop. It sounds like you have your hands full with your boys and guides, but great to see that you find time for your garden as well as inspiring them to D.I.Y. I'm looking forward to reading more about your projects and plans. Thanks again for joining us.

Jason

Sally
Getting Established

Hi, I'm Sally!

I organise and help run kids' D.I.Y. activities for work. I hope to learn more so that I can cater to the interests of older teenagers and adults!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to Workshop @Sally. It's great to have you join the community. I'm sure you already have lots of great knowledge and experience you can share with the community from your D.I.Y. classes. I hope you also get plenty of ideas, inspiration and information from others members, too.

Thanks again for joining us and introducing yourself. I'm looking forward to seeing your posts.

Jason

Easty
Getting Established

G'day. My name is Peter. I am a retiree who likes the challenge of doing various things around our house of 30 years, inside & out. Also doing stuff around the kids' houses to help them when either their knowledge or tenacity is a bit lacking. Interests include gardening especially orchids and bonsai, photography etc. But I do find that as I age I need longer to do bigger jobs!

As for the sanga, I'd be calling it a wrapped mystery bag as you usually have very little knowledge of what's in them (which is probably just as well)!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Peter (@Easty)

Welcome to Workshop. I hope you find plenty of great ideas, inspiration and information on the site. I'm sure other community members will also benefit from you joining us - it sounds like you have lots of great experience and knowledge you can share. It also sounds like you are a generous type, spending plenty of time working on your children's houses!

Are you currently working on any projects? We'd love to hear about them. Looking forward to seeing some more posts from you soon.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects