Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Yeah great result in the footy, good to see the Doggies effort especially from 7th on the ladder.
your right about the bedroom. If I'm not tired I stay up in my favourite lounge chair. Hope they do well in the Block.
Cheers bergs
Be happy and care for your tools
Azz
Finding My Feet

Hi. My name is Azz, I live in Drake NSW on a 60 acre "lifestyle" block and have just semi retired, so more time for projects. A floating pontoon for the dam is first up, then some bush garden furniture, a camp humpy as well. Should be able to keep myself busy! Have enjoyed what people have shared on this forum so far & gained some inspiration. A great idea. Cheers

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for introducing yourself Gary (@bergs). Great to have you as part of the Workshop community. I trust you are enjoying getting involved in the discussions and hopefully also learning a thing or two. Looking forward to seeing more of your gardening posts soon. What are you growing at the moment? I just got a new Vegepod going over the weekend

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

A very warm welcome to Workshop @Azz.

Wow, 60 acres will certainly keep you busy! Great to hear that you're already enjoying the site and getting inspired. It would be fantastic if you could start a new discussion and post some photos of your property and share some of your plans. Let me know if you need a hand.  

Many thanks for introducing yourself and for joining us. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts soon.

Jason

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

G'day @Azz, big welcome to the Workshop family. :bigsmile:

Hmmm, semi-retired eh? My advice is to get the best bed you can afford, you won't be getting much time to use it, but you'll enjoy what little rest you do get. This is coming from someone who's been retired for 17 years, & a postage stamp sized lot compared to yours. :wink:

Sounds like you're setting yourself up for an idyllic lifestyle, I'm happy for you, & I'll be keen to follow your journey.

bergs
Making a Splash

Hi Jason, thanks and I'm pleased to be a member.
I've only got some Broad beans, lettuce and beetroot in the ground at the moment.
I have tomato, chilli, and zucchini seedlings to go in as soon as the weather here warms up a bit.
In the meantime I'll just go about preparing my beds between downpours and get a few cuttings into pots.
Your Vegepod looks good. Good luck
Cheers bergs

Be happy and care for your tools
Mindy
Just Starting Out

Hi my name is Mindy

im semi retired; share my home with 4 cats, 3 hens, one Jack Russell.

Have just put together raised garden bed for my herbs;

would love your thoughts on herbs suitable to feed the chooks....

live in colder climate.....

@Paul1,

Hi Paul,

Welcome!!

I also love gabions.

I would like to build a bbq/fire pit area and create a wind barrier with the gabion walls.

Look forward to your progress photo's for inspiration.

Cheers,

Barbara

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Many thanks for introducing yourself @Mindy and a very warm welcome to Workshop. I hope you find plenty of useful information as well as inspiration on the site. 

I would recommend that you start a new discussion in the gardening board with your question about herbs suitable for the chickens so it can be more easily seen by community members. 

You might also be interested in this discussion from a while back - Anyone got backyard chickens?

Thanks again for joining the Workshop community.

Jason

@Mindy,

Hi Mindy,

Welcome to the workshop!!

You'll never be alone again if you ever were before ha-ha

Your profile picture sure isn't a Jack Russell, a friend from the past??

Can't help you with herb gardens, never been into them really.

Happy to chat though.

Cheers,

Barbara

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects