Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Hi All,

Workshop.com.au is a fantastic idea!

I'm Sarah, and I have owned my home and been steadily working on and around it for the past ten years. It is so exciting to have a site for similar minded people to throw ideas around and grab sparks of inspiration.

I have had a bit of a look around the site and already I see some really interesting ideas. I've had a go at many aspects of renovation and learnt a great deal along the way. You just don't know until you try. I also love mixing things up in the garden and would love to share these rusty adventures with you all in the future!

Good luck everyone and I'll stay in touch!

Sarah :O)

P.S. Definitely just a sausage in bread - can't muck with a classic!!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: My Name is Bob i am 63 years old and have been making wooden toys for charities

Welcome to Workshop @Bob2953. Many thanks for joining us and for introducing yourself.

It sounds like you do some great charity work that makes many children happy. I'm sure the community would love to see some of the wooden toys you make. Let me know if you need a hand starting a new discussion or uploading photos to the gallery.

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David (@Super_D)

Let me extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. It's brilliant that you could join us. It sounds like you have amazing experience, knowledge and skills that you can share with the community. I hope you also find plenty of like-minded people and interesting projects that can inspire your work. I'm really looking forward to seeing some of the projects that you have completed. Please post again soon.

Thanks for introducing yourself and for joining the community.

Jason

Hi @Sarahvine,

Welcome to Workshop. Great to see you have already had a poke around the site and have made yourself at home. Many thanks for introducing yourself. There are indeed many like-minded people in the community and lots of great projects shared. We also have big plans for the site and are excited about its enormous potential. 

Perhaps you'd like to start a new discussion and share some pictures of what you have achieved to date around your home and garden. Not only might you inspire others to have a go like you have done, but you might also get some tips and ideas for future improvements. 

Thanks again for joining us and please let me know if you need anything.

Jason

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Soiled
Growing in Experience

Introduction

Hi all, I am a Senior Cit who's passion is to grow edibles and perfumed trees/plants in raised beds and containers. I love my veges and citrus, of which I have approx 16 various plants in large containers. Ill health is making it difficult to attend to their needs as I once used to do, but still love to be outside amongst it all..Regards Grace.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Introduction

Welcome to Workshop Grace (@Soiled) and many thanks for introducing yourself. I've moved your post so it is part of our giant "introduce yourself" thread. As you can see there are lots of like-minded people here in the Workshop community.

Looking forward to seeing your garden as it sounds wonderful. Please let me know if you need a hand uploading some photos of your plants.

Jason

Re: Introduction

@Soiled,

Hi Grace,

Welcome to the workshop.

I'm not quite a senior cit yet, although not to far away and I too am slowly finding I haven't the stamina or strength sometimes to perform like I used to but I do what I can and it sounds like you do exactly that as well.

Loking forward to seeing pics of your citrus collection.

I'm in Vic, are you in Vic too??

I have an orange and mandarin tree but they are looking a bit hopeless still, although a friend has told me one of his neighbours in the same area as me, has successfully had fruit, albeit small but still tasty and sweet, so I can only hope!!!

Take care.

Cheers,

Barbara

Super_D
Becoming a Leader

Thanks Jason............

Super_D
Becoming a Leader

no not me......

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects