Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Learning carpentry skills

Crystalbeth
Getting Established

Learning carpentry skills

Does anyone know of any casual carpentry classes after work or on the weekends. Please share links if you have them. I'm located in Caulfield, Melbourne Vic. Thanks a bunch :smile:

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Learning carpentry skills

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Crystalbeth. It's great to have you join us and see you make your first post in the community.

Have you tried doing a google search to see if anything is available? That might be a starting point. Alternatively, I'm sure our helpful members will let you know if they are aware of any.

You'll find we all a very encouraging community, and I trust our members will be more than happy to suggest some projects that you might like to attempt. I'd also recommend you take a look through our How To section as we have many easy to follow step-by-step articles labelled with their level of difficulty. Another great source of information is Essential hand tools for D.I.Y. beginners by @Peggers.

Please let us know if there is a project you would like to tackle and I'm sure we can assist.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell, is Bunnings still running Saturday workshops? Where can I find out about these?

@Crystalbeth

Currently, due to restrictions, we are not able to run D.I.Y. Workshops within our stores. We look forward to providing this service again as soon as possible.

Once we resume the Workshops, you'll be able to view them on the Bunnings website or by contacting your nearest store for details.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @Crystalbeth 

If you wish to dip your toe in an easy project with just a saw, drill, tape measure and pencil I suggest this one for a quick turn around project. It can be done on a weekend! https://www.workshop.bunnings.com.au/t5/Whole-of-House/Weekend-project-stools-that-double-as-flower-... Good luck and stay safe!

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects