Workshop
Ask a question

Ozito cordless battery compatibility

Ricochet
Getting Established

Ozito cordless battery compatibility

Hi.   I have just bought an Ozito 12v cordless drill.  Could I use the battery from that in an Ozito 18v Circular saw or other Ozito power tool.

Re: Ozito CKL-8000 battery charger

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @heath_eld. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for jumping into the discussion.

It's great to see you're already assisting our members, and we can quite often get items like this through our special orders process.

We look forward to hearing all about your plans around the house and garden and would encourage you to let us know any time you need assistance or have something to share. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration for your projects within the community as our amazing members contribute theirs here all the time.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @tf,

I've contacted Ozito, and unfortunately, they no longer supply this style of battery or charger. There is no compatible charger in their current range.

I apologise for not being able to source a charger for this kit. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately I'm left with brand new few tools that I can't use at all. Any advice on properly disposing them?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @tf,

This range of tools was released around 2013, so you might be able to pick up a battery charger on the second-hand market. 

Regarding disposal, the batteries can be recycled at an appropriate recycling centre, and the tools have no special disposal requirements. However, you might like to see if your local Men's Shed or Women's Shed would be interested in taking them as one of their members might have a suitable charger for the tools. The Bower Co-op is also a fantastic non-for-profit group that recycles goods, saving them from landfills.

Mitchell

Thank you for your reply. Is there anyone from men/women shed on this forum that will be interested in tools, especially if they have a matching charger or extra batteries? I would love to give them a set, 2 drill, circular saw, grinder, driver, palm sender, all new except the drill. Someone from Epping or Mernda area in VIC Thank you

amritpal54044
Just Starting Out

Replacement battery for Ozito drill CDR-013?

Hi i have ozito cdr-013 12 volt drill and the battery recently died 

i am not sure if home range or x range batteries will fit into this older model that i have so need help 😢

image.jpg

image.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your kind offer @tf.

Let me tag @r23on to see if he might know a Men's Shed in your area that might like to accept your donation. 

All the best,

Jason

r23on
Amassing an Audience

what area are you in. If you go to the Australian mens shed  AMSA you can find a shed or community shed near you hope this helps

There are a number of shed just starting and have no tool at all. 

r23on
Amassing an Audience

@tf 

I have just noticed that you are in the epping mernda area there are a number of sheds they are

Whittlesea Mens shed 30 Yeh Rd Whittlesea in the show grounds

Eltham wood workers  ironbark rd yarrambat

Thomastown / Lalor Mens sheds.

Kilmore Mens shed.  contact detail can be obtained from VMSA for all Vic Mens sheds / community groups

For anyone that may be able to help the Jabiru / Kakadu and Katherine men sheds they need all forms of hand and power tools 

Primarily this is how all sheds and community groups get there tooling

I am from Melbourne but currently in Darwin due the covid situation in Melb If anyone is looking to pass on good hand or power tools please call Darwin mens shed Brian Harvey President Contact detail 

Email dms100720@gmail.com

https://darwin-mens-shed.business.site/?utm_source=gmb&utm_medium=referral 

Hope this is of help

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Replacement battery for Ozito drill CDR-013?

Hello @amritpal54044

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about getting a replacement battery for your Ozito drill.

I've just been speaking with our provider. I'm so sorry but there are no more replacement batteries for this unit. This drill was introduced around early 2012 and has been superseded by the Ozito Power X-Change System. Unfortunately, those battery systems are not compatible with your drill. 

If you decide to get a new drill I recommend reading this post - How to choose the right drill for the job. This guide should provide you with advice and information on how to choose your next drill. 

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.  

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects