Workshop
Ask a question

Welcome to your new-look Workshop

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

We've given Workshop a new lick of paint and some great new functionality.We've given Workshop a new lick of paint and some great new functionality.

Hi all,

We’ve completed some renovation work on Workshop to make using the site even easier, particularly on mobile devices.

The new site ensures it is easier for new users to join the community, easier to share photos, and easier to participate in discussions on mobile as well as tablets and desktop computers.

The site is also easier to navigate, has an improved structure, and better showcases your posts.

There’s lots of other small improvements which we also hope you’re going to love, including the ability to join and/or sign into the community using Facebook.

Thanks for all your feedback while our team worked to improve the site. Please don’t hesitate to let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site, or ever have any suggestions about how we can make Workshop more useful to you.

Thanks,

Jason

13 Replies
maknilsin
Making a Splash
Looks great!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks @maknilsin. Let us know if you have any feedback about further improvements we could make.

Jason

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal
It seems I do miss the latest posts, it is now more clicks to find them.

The text is too light problem you already know about :smile:
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Many thanks for the feedback @Brad.

Can you please explain more about "missing the latest posts"? What page are you referring to?

In general, our new tiles help ensure we get more content on the screen at once - it was one of our goals to reduce the amount of clicking and scrolling users needed to do. 

Thanks again,

Jason

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Going back in time using Google cache-29214740_10213846268504981_7443131981270876160_n.jpg

I can't find something that matches that on the new site or have I missed something in my old age?

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal
Found it now the page has resized down the bottom.
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Brad,

The Workshop home page still shows the posts with the most recent activity. But it has now been improved to show activity on blog posts and gallery posts, so that replies there don't get "lost". And you can click on Load more to see more and more and more. 

RecentPosts.png

I hope you also find the new-look All Discussion page useful - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Discussion/ct-p/discussion It shows you a feed of all discussion posts as well as a list of the boards, how many posts you haven't read, and when the last activity was. 

Let me know if those pages don't meet your needs, and we can create one that does!

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Brad and @Prof,

Thanks again for your feedback about the text. We have made it darker across the site so it is easier to read.

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Brad and @Prof,

Are you happy with the text colour now? Let me know if its still a problem.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Jason

Prof
Becoming a Leader

Thanks Jason..The text looks good now..

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great, thanks @Prof.

Jason

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal
It is better it does look darker on my iPhone than the computer.
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great, thanks for letting us know @Brad.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects