Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What did you do over the weekend?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Every Monday I'm keen to hear what you got up to over the weekend.

It might have been starting a new project, getting stuck into some gardening, hosting a cracking BBQ, catching a new movie, getting some exercise, catching up with friends and family, or just relaxing with a good book.

Please share in the discussion below. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: What did you do over the weekend?

I put a bit of work into a heart shaped box, just need to hide some sins and stain it.

I have a red Sortimo style box on order as a base for my first aid kit and it looks like it will stack with my growing Sortimo-Bosch blue boxes collection, time will tell if the knockoff will fit with the others.

I found some files to 3d print the catches to mount the boxes on drawers ect, now I just need a 3d printer that does ABS and I think I am good to go then.

Spent a bit on an online tool sale so I should be able to make a few interesting things...
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bit hot to do too much on the weekend but got some sanding done in preparation for painting. Our dog locked himself in the smallest room in the house a while back and scratched the door, so I needed to sand it back. Here's a progress shot....

Sanding.jpg

Hopefully will get it painted next weekend.

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Was very happy to come home from cricket yesterday and see my lovely wife had installed a new roller blind in the games room. I will have to step up next weekend...

Blind.jpg

Jason

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

The old rivet gun after more than 30 years of use was having trouble gripping the stems, so on the way home from reporting the letterbox has gone walkabout I called into Bunnies.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Spent Friday painting the bathroom and toilet. It was hot but glad to get it done. 

Jason

BettyBoo
Getting Established

Before:

368.JPG

After:

369.jpg

I'm no handywoman but pretty happy with my efforts for patching around the new bathroom fan and repainting. Thanks to those members who gave me some advice. Got there in the end!

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Big improvement @BettyBoo. Congrats.

What did everyone get up to over the weekend?

I haven't been well but did a bit of weeding and planting on Saturday. It's great to finally have the garden and pathway on the side of the house finished.

IMG_1835.jpg

Was also exciting to harvest my first jalepenos for the season! They were delicious.

IMG_1832.jpg

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

I spent a couple of hours yesterday trimming the neighbour's Lilly Pilly branches that were hanging over the fence. I wanted to give it a trim before the flowers and berries arrive as they can make a bit of a mess. 

I also really enjoyed White Night on Saturday night in Melbourne. I hadn't been before and it was really fun. 

Jason 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great to have some sunshine on the weekend and a chance to get out into the garden.

Jason

Finished off a flooring job for a customer, potted up a bunch of cacti for myself and painted a wall in our Master in a really nice Dulux Tranquil Green giving a very cosy/homely feel. Pic is only first coat.

20190825_161059.jpg

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects