Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What did you do over the weekend?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Every Monday I'm keen to hear what you got up to over the weekend.

It might have been starting a new project, getting stuck into some gardening, hosting a cracking BBQ, catching a new movie, getting some exercise, catching up with friends and family, or just relaxing with a good book.

Please share in the discussion below. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: What did you do over the weekend?

Looking forward to seeing it @ProjectPete.

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Anyone get stuck into any projects in the house or garden over the long weekend?

We made some overdue progress on the sideway. All bluestone rounds now laid and slowly getting there with the garden bed edging...

Looking forward to finishing it off soon and planting.

Sideway.jpg

Got started with a new garden bed area along one side of the driveway which meant my shelving project got put on hold for a bit (although all that's left is to join, sand, paint and hang). Haven't quite finished the driveway job but made some good progress (footy and rugby finals are partly to blame). Still need to finish each end with some pebbles and stuff.

Before.jpg

After.jpg

20171002_133922.jpg

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

We did some spring cleaning on the weekend, did some more work on the garden edging, and some planting. 

Jason

No DIY for me between having a mate's bday on, as well as Bathurst. But did some more planning for the new house - sketched out our first thoughts for the backyard, visited some display homes, went to Homebase (Subiaco)...So it was productive, but nothign too hands on...besides beers :grin:

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

I'm a bit stiff and sore today! I'm not sure whether its from my first game of cricket for the season, or the digging finishing off our garden edging at the side of the house. Probably both!

Pretty happy with how the garden is taking shape. Just need to add some more soil and stones and then we can get planting. 

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Finally finished off the hard work on side of the house. Bluestone rounds, embedded railway sleepers, Oxy-Shield steel edging and small river pebbles.

Now just have to get rid of the last of the weeds, add a bit of soil and plant the garden bed (left hand side of the photo below) which is the fun part. 

What did you get up to over the weekend?

Jason

Sideway.jpg

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Oiled some outdoor furniture on the deck. Not sure if I should also do the deck itself. Will probably leave it!

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

I spent most of the weekend watching the amazing rain! And then dashing outside every now and then to pump water out of the pool. Hope the weather didn't cause any damage to Workshop community members.

Jason

kel
Making a Splash

well.with  no projects on the go at the moment and the weather being a bit wet,i decided to tidy up my workshed and reorganise it and give the floor a fresh coat of decking oil.i managed to pick up a few compressor covers from supacheap auto  @ $1 each,so now all my toys are covered when not in use.during the past month i have paved the front area of my shed and added an awning which will add a bit of comfort when working on projects outside.i also decided today to knock up a first aid cabinet for the shed,made out of scrap material,for those ocassions when i take a bit of bark off.

kel

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects