Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What did you do over the weekend?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

What did you do over the weekend?

Hi everyone,

Every Monday I'm keen to hear what you got up to over the weekend.

It might have been starting a new project, getting stuck into some gardening, hosting a cracking BBQ, catching a new movie, getting some exercise, catching up with friends and family, or just relaxing with a good book.

Please share in the discussion below. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
DanB
Growing in Experience

Re: What did you do over the weekend?

I spent the weekend making some decorations for my sister's wedding, which is in a few weeks.

It's a rustic sort of theme, so the table numbers are made from log slices like this one.

circle.jpg

They're about 3cm thick, and I've used a circular saw to cut 1cm deep slots in all of them for the number card to go in. All that's left to do is sand them nice and smooth. One is done so far, but there are 27 more to go.... Lots of work, but considering the logs came from a neighbour's tree that was being pruned, they won't cost a cent!

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great idea @DanB. Love to see one of the finished products.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

WOW @ProjectPete, you continue to amaze me, & I bet you didn't even work up a sweat. :bigsmile:

Love the hex wall cages, & thos e Tassie Oak bases really set them apart, were they your idea or Leah's? In any case, they're beautifully made.

Thanks @Andy_Mann! The sun is finally out to play in Perth so I got a bit of a sweat and tan on actually.

The Tassie Oak was actually my idea :smile: Look at me go!
----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@ProjectPete mate, you did well to step up while Leah'd lost her creativity, did she feed & thank you, or did she just leave you out to bake in the sun as her way of say'n "Well done"? :laugh: :hysterical: ...... :embarassed:

It wasn't a very glamorous bit of DIY, but I spent my Sunday helping my BIL pull down the old brick garden edging at his place. The old owner had obviously planned to build a replica of the Great Wall of China as his footings were about a metre deep. It meant the job took a lot longer than we'd anticipated, seeing as we were only using a crow bar and masonry chisel as opposed to a jack hammer.

20161030_163808.jpg

The plan is to use sleepers for the new garden edging and clad them in merbau. I'll try and remember post photos when we get around to doing it.

I did this once .. many years ago .. when young! Won't try it now! hahahaha
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Jackson, love the "Great Wall of China" footing overkill, thems were the days.

Yep, if you didn't know what you were do'n, you had a conservative stab at structural integrity, then multiplied it by 4.

Not an easy job to undo, & you have my sympathy. :wink:

@Andy_Mann - we only took out what we had to. We left it in the ground if we were pretty sure it wasn't going to get in the way of the new plans.

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Jackson, good think'n mate, & not taking any credit away from you, I would've done the same thing.

Between you & me, take a wire brush to that shovel, you won't convince anyone that you've busted you gut with paint still on the bottom half of it. :wink:

Another thing, don't put deoderant on beforehand, women get suckered into thinking you're a legend when you pong bad. :wink:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects