Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What projects are you tackling at the moment?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

What projects are you tackling at the moment?

I'd be interested to hear about what everyone is up to at the moment. Are you planning a project and spending some time in the shed, or perhaps you've just completed a project that you're particularly proud of? It would be great to hear what everyone is working on.

Post an image below and add some details to inspire others.

Mitchell

DIY question.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: What projects are you tackling at the moment?

Overkill on mounting cupboards is a good idea. I know of a woman who is now suffering from life-long injuries due to someone doing the opposite, which resulted in the cupboards plus all contents falling on to them.  It would be good if we can get to see the final outcome of your project.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

That sounds like quite the exercise, @TedBear! I'm glad you've got it sorted, though.

What are your plans for today, applying a topcoat?

Mitchell

Ohhhh now this is interesting @MitchellMc 🤔 🤣

That sounds like it would be it, but unfortunately I have made other plans for the day, so it will go back in the "have to back to that" pile now. Probably for a week or 2 because I am having a medical issue (minor op) seen to in the next few days, which will need recovery time. I guess my DIY fix will be limited to following the activities in this Workshop Community. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

All the best for your operation @TedBear and a very speedy recovery. 

Jason

Re: What did you D.I.Y. today?

This is great. I agree that the white frame makes a perfect interface between the smooth house wall and the rough timber. And recycling the old wheel-nut brace was genius. A work of art that is also useful.  

TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

Thanks for the good wishes, Jason & Mitchell. My sense of pride wouldn't let me leave the gate at primer stage for 2 weeks, so I got up early this morning (Monday) and put a coat of white over it, so it looks presentable. I can finish off properly when I am back,  up and running. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Great to hear @TedBear.

Look after yourself, and fingers crossed, you'll be up and running in no time. 

Mitchell 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

What's everyone up to this weekend?

I've been working on a green wall similar to the D.I.Y. artificial plant wall by @Nikkaz. It's coming along nicely, and I'm putting the finishing touches on it at the moment. I'd be interested to hear our members' thoughts on the use of artificial plants around the home and garden. Personally, I'm really impressed with the quality of our UN-REAL 100 x 100cm Luxury Artificial Hedge Tiles, and from a few feet away, you'd be hard-pressed to tell they are not real. They've really changed my opinion of using artificial greenery around the home.

I look forward to seeing all your projects and hearing about what you have been working on!

Mitchell   

WDYD.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Did anyone complete an awesome D.I.Y. project this weekend? I've been working on a rustic-looking garden tool holder made from a pallet. Hopefully, it can serve as a central location to keep all my miscellaneous gardening items. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out as it invokes the vintage feel I was looking for.

I hope you all had a great weekend, and I look forward to seeing what you have been tackling.

Mitchell

WDYD.png

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects