Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What was the last thing you bought at Bunnings?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

As I'm nearing the end of our backyard games room project, I had an eclectic assortment of items in my basket during my long weekend trip to Bunnings. There was some magnets for a gate, some wood filler, some paint and a new BBQ spatula.

Looking around at the store, it seemed many people were gearing up for a big weekend of D.I.Y. and gardening projects. There was certainly a wide variety of items in shopping baskets and trolleys.  

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: What was the last thing you bought at Bunnings?

Thanks for joining in the discussion @geewhizbiz1. Welcome to the community. We're pleased you could join us and look forward to reading about your projects and plans.

What project were you referring to when you asked about printing? I'm happy to tag the relevant member so they are alerted to your question.

Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. And please let me know if you ever need help getting the most from the site, or have any feedback about how we can make Workshop even more useful to you.

Thanks again,

Jason

Prawns
Becoming a Leader

Some impact sprinkler heads they seem really good sofar - they have a really loud "clack" noise it sounds like its got a good spring and a aggressive hard movement so hopefully it outlasts some others Ive tried where the spring seems to get weak fighting against mineral buildup from borewater over time and they stop turning around eventually. My dogs pretty hard on sprinkler heads as well they cop the odd "flyby" but these have survived a few "light flybys" from my dog sofar im impressed lol https://www.bunnings.com.au/holman-15mm-plastic-impact-sprinkler_p3110968
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Who's been to the big green shed lately?

My last purchases were all pool related - algaecide, clarifier, chlorine boost. I've learned to always have them in storage as pools can turn green quick after lots of teenagers have been in them!  

Jason

Prawns
Becoming a Leader

I grabbed some irrigation stuff. I still have to get some "risers" though. The front of the house here has x1 permanent sprinkler, Im going to add another one for better coverage and put new risers on both (old photos of the house had x2 sprinklers out front for great coverage -  but when we moved in there was only 1 out front for some reason the other one had been removed)

IMG_20190224_080646.jpg

A couple weeks ago I also grabbed some grass seed. Last year I pulled out some of the dodgy concrete path from behind the house (they had concreted straight over irrigation pipework too that was fun with a chisel) and this summer Ive been playing catchup with grass coverage from that job (its nearly there now :smile: )  Eventually I will either rip the whole lot out and start again with a new concrete path unless I can figure out a way of making the remaining concrete not look so crappy hahahah

grass.JPG

BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

@PrawnsI'd go with a new 1m wide concrete path
Particularly, if you are on highly reactive clay soils

Foundation Maintenance and Footings Performance

@BIM_Engineer Yeah I was thinking it would all just need pulling out and replacing (its really a hodge podge mix of rendered bricks with the odd dropped in small prefab slab and poured concrete as well from the looks of it lols)

Its all sand here - not sure if thats better or worse than clay but it sure makes digging easy hahahaha
KalahariOzzie
Getting Established

20 metres of grey water pipe, stinkess steel screws and duct tape 

A impact sprinkler head - and a free magazine :smile: looks great sofar :)looks great sofar :smile:

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Anyone got any plans for getting stuck into new projects on the weekend? 

I need to do some weeding around the garden and also need to get some paint as the bathroom needs a new coat. 

Jason

6 litres of Berger Jet Dry Floor paint for the studio,

i buy too much stuff from Bunnings,

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects