Workshop
Ask a question

Topics with Label: Recycling and Upcycling

Natalya
Building a Reputation
2 replies

I’ve always wanted to have a sliding farmhouse door and the entrance to the pantry seemed the perfect place for it. I bought an old door at the salvag ...

curlyfox
Getting Established
1 reply

 Hi all. I’d like to paint this hutch solid colours, either green or yellow with a cream background. I know I have to lightly sand off the shine.1. ...

arfabuck
Finding My Feet
5 replies

What to do with this salvaged shelving unit? Rimu with plenty of boards, ( and nails )! Enough to build a Tudor fold down dining table with linenfold ...

KatQld
Getting Established
2 replies

I really love the look of wood kitchen benchtops and purchased the Specrite Multi-use timber panel Radiata Pine from Bunnings.Is there a way to make i ...

Karl92
Growing in Experience
5 replies

Had a dining table with a fair few oil stains on it. Was still in great condition even after 8 years. Unfortunately the colour didn't match the floor ...

coleiro
Just Starting Out
1 reply

I have 4 white acrylic chairs with heavy rust on the metal legs. I want the legs to be a white gloss, (water based paint if possible) Can I sand first ...

Lyndi
Just Starting Out
3 replies

I tried to paint these white. It turned out horrible. I scraped it off. Needs more sanding. I can’t find cabinet doors the same size and white to rep ...

leoantw
Just Starting Out
2 replies

Currently American oak with clear varnish /polyurethane, which has deteriorated.To resurface should I use combination of stain and varnish or apply wa ...

BoeingFan
Becoming a Leader
11 replies

Hello all, I recently had the good fortune where a couple of friends found a dark brown solid timber dining table for me on a marketplace for $50. I w ...

LorenaDIYS
Making a Splash
1 reply

I brought this laminate display cabinet on marketplace for $80. I transformed it by changing the handles, which I purchased from Kmart and spray paint ...

Leahanne
Growing in Experience
14 replies

This is my dearly departed grandmother's kitchen stool. She passed away 17 years ago and since then my mother has had the stool outside. Mum is down ...

jenny96
Just Starting Out
1 reply

I have a ply 2nd kitchen and I want to paint it using the dulux renovation range. How much sanding do I need to do? Also do I need to use a stain blo ...

relm87
Finding My Feet
5 replies

  Hello, very new to DIY but I have a large wooden table that I would like to paint as it has seen better days! I was thinking of painting it with bl ...

LePallet
Amassing an Audience
8 replies

A good mate of mine pulled these facia beams off an old house and asked if I could turn them into a dining table.The glue up was challenging with the ...

NickiM
Having an Impact
6 replies

I have a big family, so the original 8 seater square table, then 10 seater long table were always going to be too small. So when I finally found an af ...

helsbren
Building a Reputation
2 replies

Our home, in an area named Country Road had a very small galley kitchen.The beautiful jarrah cupboards were falling off their hinges, the benchtops we ...

twocutekelpies
Making a Splash
5 replies

Our dining table and chairs had seen better days and I was hating the "orange" varnish look so I bit the bullet and changed it.MaterialsMonocel Jarrah ...

Avagrace12
Just Starting Out
1 reply

I am using a feast watson spirit based coloured liming white with a oak proof tint to have an oak looking finish on a pine table I sanded it back to ...

timln
Growing in Experience
1 reply

Hi all I screwed a handle into a piece of wood I am planning for a cabinet door but realised I have drilled the holes too high. I am looking for ...

Wendy56
Cultivating a Following
1 reply

My salt and pepper grinders were ready for the bin, but I had been wanting to do a chalk paint project so decided that this would be my first attempt ...

raceytrace
Having an Impact
5 replies

I wanted to have the marble look for my benchtop, but not the hassle (or price) of removing and replacing the whole benchtop. I watched a few differe ...

cjruedin
Getting Established
2 replies

Simple D.I.Y dining room revamp to brighten up our dining room space StepsStep 1Sanded back table and chairs to remove clear coat and imperfections St ...

raceytrace
Having an Impact
1 reply

I researched so many options for a splashback to cover the holes after I removed some shelves and a knife block. It was going to be time consuming an ...

raceytrace
Having an Impact
1 reply

My old rangehood had seen better days, but it still worked ok. Rather than rip it out and replace it, I used appliance spray paint to give it a new le ...