Workshop
Ask a question

Topics with Label: Lighting and Electrical

Sarah777
Finding My Feet
7 replies

Hi, is it complicated to replace a remote controlled ceiling fan with light if it’s not connected to mains? How do these fans/lights work if they’re n ...

dwerer
Getting Established
7 replies

Hi team, I'm trying to buy a replacement for the below. Will you be able to provide me with advice on what to look out for when buying this? An ...

Lukus84
Just Starting Out
1 reply

Hi, I have a new ceiling pendant light that I wanted to fit. After switching off the power box for the lights I removed the old hallway light unit to ...

Community Manager Jason
Community Manager
14 replies

It's been said that having multiple televisions in the home is a "no-brainer" to ensure harmonious relationships and avoid conflict in the home. But ...

colfig42
Just Starting Out
3 replies

Can you supply replacement remote controllers for Arlec PEH225HA panel heaters?

Scootergirl
Getting Established
1 reply

I have an old ‘Solatube’ skylight in my second bedroom. I have just discovered solar powered skylights & think this would be a better option. Wonderin ...

Bell_1986
Cultivating a Following
8 replies

Hello I had my TV mounted to my bedroom wall and now realise that I should of had it mounted higher not only so hides the PowerPoint but would be bett ...

BeginnerPriyana
Getting Established
8 replies

Hi team, I would like to install some VJ panels on a rendered brick wall in our rumpus room. It’s a very long wall approx 6 metres. I want to mount ...

Melski44
Finding My Feet
3 replies

Wanting to put a 55inch tv weighing 13.5 kilos on a plasterboard wall. Steele frame behind. I see I can purchase brackets for weight and length of tv ...

LolaC
Just Starting Out
3 replies

Hi, I have this beautiful mid century floor lamp that is showing some oxidation/rust especially at the base. Do you have any suggestions on how to re ...

spurush
Just Starting Out
6 replies

I would like to replace my existing lights in 2 bedrooms with a Fan with LED light and another room which has a AC fan. My Electrician advised me to b ...

jeen
Finding My Feet
5 replies

I need to install a new flush mount chandelier weighing 5kg. It is replacing the existing oyster light. What kind of screws should I use to fix the cr ...

ventodimare
Building a Reputation
4 replies

I would like to hide all the cables at the bottom of the sideboard with something elegant but not permanent & easy to pull off (in case I need to do ...

Baslam
Finding My Feet
4 replies

  Hello Everyone, i am thinking to make a feature wall (photo attached) in my living room. I would be mounting my TV on that wall too so i have few q ...

vng
Getting Established
3 replies

How do I fix a noisy ceiling fan that's making a humming noise (Vibration noise) ? For some reason, it only makes creates this loud humming sound whe ...

Sugar
Having an Impact
8 replies

Hi folks, Hoping we all are waiting for Christmas and new year. My today's queries to the experts are how can I wall mount my heavy 75" 40 Kg TV. I ...

Renowayoflife
Becoming a Leader
6 replies

DIY Kids Bedroom Storage Ideas We have been working hard to get the kids rooms finished and have recently moved them in, and although they’re finish ...

JustinMcAbbe
Growing in Experience
2 replies

Hi Team, I am looking to may my own Lightboard as per the following youtube example ; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agsUU9i__hc and this example ...

newbie25
Growing in Experience
9 replies

I have cieling fans with lights in all bedrooms.I just recently got downlights installed as well . The fan lights have been disabled by electrician bu ...

az1d3
Just Starting Out
1 reply

I replaced the fluorescent tubes last weekend which is usually what I do when the light is no longer working. It did not solve the problem so I starte ...

bimo
Just Starting Out
3 replies

Hi, Can someone help me. I need to replace my broken light bulb which is exactly like this one: https://www.mitre10.co.nz/shop/philips-light-bulb-warm ...

jirawat
Just Starting Out
2 replies

   

foxhound
Growing in Experience
8 replies

Hi all, I am trying to mount picture wall lights on top of frames in the hallway. Each light has two hooks. I was a bit skeptical in drilling a hole ...

Wheresmy10mm
Getting Established
6 replies

Not sure what this isI think the round thing is the starter.Google suggest to me this is a Magnetic-type ballastWhole imageTakes a while to turn on, f ...