Workshop
Ask a question

Topics with Label: Building and Construction

Graeme50
Getting Established
3 replies

Hello, I'm looking to build a wall using plywood (for kids' ball games). I believe that I can either use "marine plywood" or "external plywood". Bun ...

redcamper
Community Newcomer
1 reply

Hi, I am looking for ideas on the most cost effective way to extend my driveway so that 2 cars can be parked on the driveway. I'm not looking at concr ...

Mel_K
Finding My Feet
6 replies

   Hi all,I am trying to find a cheap way to secure a section of courtyard to allow my cat to the safety and freedom to go outside when she wants too. ...

yasmina
Just Starting Out
3 replies

I’m just a beginner and wanting to add a garden ramp in our sloping backyard. A ramp might work better than steps as our son loves riding his bike and ...

ashriyavarri
Getting Established
17 replies

I am making a DIY project called a seedling planting system and I am stuck in this specific part of the project. The watering system. Is there a way t ...

ALL-3486
Just Starting Out
2 replies

Hi These Architects Choice 95 x 95 x 162mm Stainless Steel Glass Fence Chisel Spigot Do they have a point dedicated to run the earthing wire? ...

southpolemonkey
Cultivating a Following
1 reply

Finally finished the blackbutt decking planned a year ago. Altered the plan in the middle of the building and it turned out great and more welcoming t ...

Ginger1
Just Starting Out
1 reply

Hey team and community, I've been enjoying reading other brilliant posts on this topic and I have learnt a lot but still need some 'yay or nay' input ...

prakashlama1997
Just Starting Out
1 reply

 I have shipping container in my middle of the yard and i wanna move it on corner how to do it and i cant use cranes because of wires. Please help

heychikadee
Just Starting Out
5 replies

 Looking for ideas to fill this trench between our retaining and neighbour’s retaining/fence. I’m having trouble coming up with something that won’t ...

Janey1
Just Starting Out
1 reply

I'm building a cat enclosure which will be outdoors but undercover - is there a way to tell which timbers and paints are safe for pets? Planned produc ...

DIYDen
Just Starting Out
1 reply

Hi all, I have recently started my DIY project of laying brick pavers in my patio. It will just be foot traffic, no cars will be driving over it. My h ...

Jannette
Just Starting Out
1 reply

Hi, I am very new to all this sort of thing, so forgive me if I sound stupid I need to find out how much decking I will need for this area, we are wa ...

Anglea
Just Starting Out
2 replies

hi there, thank you for your advice first. I am planning to build a freestanding deck 4.8m X 3m on the existing pavers. I am going to anchor the pos ...

jdavis
Just Starting Out
1 reply

I live in the wet wet tropics and my front outdoor steps are rotting. I need to replace them, but don’t know what timber this is or what work to repla ...

dhanz15
Getting Established
7 replies

I have this 500-600 mm fall that is needed to obtain the whole occupation certificate. My builder did not consider this during the planning stage and ...

sayh
Finding My Feet
1 reply

As clearly visible in the following photo, years of neglect has unfortunately led to our gutters around the verandah roof becoming rusty and leaking. ...

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru
2 replies

This is an update to the stormwater rectification I started in 2021-2022. After last Fridays downpour I thought I would show how the landscaping, Berm ...

mia2
Just Starting Out
9 replies

dee36
Just Starting Out
1 reply

Looking for a solution as to what to use to close off the gaps under the colourbond sheeting. I've temporarily squashed foam pieces in the gaps to sto ...

ddel
Finding My Feet
4 replies

Hi, I live in an old property and the previous owner had these walls. Now it turned to a highway of cane toads and water dragons chilling in my pool.I ...

AJ-DIYer
Building a Reputation
9 replies

Hi I need to build a garden bed on a sloped ground. The size of the garden bed is 1.3m×0.8m. Q1. This garden bed as a box will go against the fenc ...

Stacia
Just Starting Out
3 replies

Looking for the best and cheapest DIY cat enclosure for these are. We did purchase the rollers for tops of the fence however 1 cat can still escape. T ...

derwin
Just Starting Out
1 reply

Hi everyone, I'm planning on building a low level 4000mm x 7750mm deck that will run along the house under cover of a verandah. The existing area is a ...