Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

80s bathroom refresh using paint

Liselotte78
Finding My Feet

80s bathroom refresh using paint

When we moved to a bigger house where our boys had their own teenage “wing”, the old 80s girls’ bathroom didn’t quite look the part. While we’ll eventually do a full bathroom renovation, we simply don’t have the money at the moment.

However, thanks to some elbow grease and paint products and advice from Bunnings, we have a much more modern-looking bathroom that is perfect for our teenagers and their guests. 

65CCD6AD-5467-4B61-953E-9C45C5DA331D.jpeg

CB3DC8F6-04D6-4D9B-BEC8-0D1CF1282B42.jpeg

Steps

Step 1

Cleaned bathroom thoroughly 

Step 2

Painted all tile surfaces using White Knight Tile and Laminate Primer - one coat

Step 3

3F1D6030-BC2F-49CD-B557-F6D6295B2CBE.jpeg

9C76870D-8779-4D96-A821-299747A8389F.jpeg

Painted all tile surfaces using Whire Knight Tile and Laminate Paint - 3 coats

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: 80s bathroom refresh using paint

Hello @Liselotte78,

What a difference a good clean and coat of paint makes! Your bathroom definitely looks much more modern and stylish now. Hope your girls enjoy it. Did you face any challenges along the way? How did you overcome them?

This would make a great entry in our 2023 search for Australia's best D.I.Y. projects so I've taken the liberty of submitting it for you.

Let me also extend a warm welcome to our Bunnings Workshop community. We're thrilled to have you here and hope you find our site a great resource containing advice and inspiration for your D.I.Y. projects. 

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Akanksha 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects