Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Any replacements for this LED downlight?

topdai
Getting Established

Any replacements for this LED downlight?

16891334015019133572474047538962.jpg

 Hi All, please help me to find one of this kind of led to replace. Thanks all 

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Any replacements for this LED downlight?

Hi @topdai,

Thank you for your question about finding an LED lightbulb replacement. Our resident D.I.Y. expert @EricL will be online later this afternoon to assist but I'll also tag our great Workshop members @Marty_greenshed@MikeTNZ, and @hazesnow to check if they have suggestions. 

We hope you are finding Workshop to be a great place for inspiration and advice, feel free to ask your D.I.Y. questions at any time. We are always here to help. 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
hazesnow
Making a Splash

These ones look like they plug in to their own transformer and could possibly be hard wired! 
I would suggest exchanging them for ones that you plug into a socket in the roof as they will have a built in transformer and are much easier to replace long term! 
I also suggest the tricolour ones which allows you to set the mood of the rooms. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @topdai 

Thank you for sharing your question about replacing your LED downlight. After much searching, I'm afraid there is nothing similar to that type of fitting that you have on your LED down light. There are downlights with the same voltage and wattage, but they don't have the same fittings to link up to your existing LED set.  

I'm recommending what @hazesnow has suggested, and that is to have a look at replacing your set with a standard plug-in type.

Please note that this type of upgrade will require the services of a registered electrician. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
topdai
Getting Established

thanks Hazesnow helpful recommendations 

topdai
Getting Established

Thanks EricL appreciate it 

MikeTNZ
Amassing an Audience

Hi @topdai,

Given the plug in your photo and the fact that it says on the fitting that is a mains (240VAC) fitting, I'm not sure that is electrically compliant, as @hazesnow mentioned, if it is mains rated, it should be connected via a 10A plug to a corresponding socket, not something like that, which looks like it only has 2 connections (phase and neutral) whereas it should have an earth conductor as well, with the body of the lamp being metallic.

My advice (as an electrician myself), is to engage the services of a qualified electrician, they'll get you sorted.

Cheers,

Mike T.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects