Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you replace a toilet without damaging tiles?

christinamack88
Getting Established

Can you replace a toilet without damaging tiles?

IMG_2629.png

I’m just curious, this toilet is old, 

I can afford a new toilet and installation with Bunnings but I can’t afford to replace the tiles and the rest, 

is it possible to get a new toilet installed without destroying the tiles? And walls? 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can you replace a toilet without damaging tiles?

Hello @christinamack88 

Thanks for sharing your question about replacing your toilet. If the toilet pan has not been permanently bonded to your tiles, then it would be technically possible to remove it without damaging the tiles. The same condition applies to your cistern, but please be aware that there is always the possibility for mishaps.

The only way to find out is to have the plumber inspect the toilet suite, they should be able to tell you if the pan is bonded to the tile or if adhesive was used on your cistern. Either way its best to be prepared for the possibility of having to repair the tiles

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Can you replace a toilet without damaging tiles?

Hi @christinamack88,

Just wanted to add that Bunnings has a toilet installation service you might like to take advantage of. You can find more details on the Bunnings website.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects