Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Cant remove spout from handbasin with fixed outlet

serenus
Finding My Feet

Cant remove spout from handbasin with fixed outlet

I am trying to remove the taps and the spout from a handbasin with a fixed outlet. I can unscrew the taps, but I cant unscrew the spout from the copper pipe - it just keep swivelling. The spout seems to have the copper pipe inside it ,and I can't remove it. Most grateful for any suggestions, thanks!  Seri

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Cant remove spout from handbasin with fixed outlet

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community Seri (@serenus). It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question about removing a tap spout.

If possible, if you could show our helpful members a few images of the spout and the copper pipe, I'm sure they'll be able to advise on the next step for removal.

Can you see underneath the bench or vanity at all? Generally, there would be some type of nut fixing the spout to the top. Once the nut is removed, it could release the spout from the pipe.

I look forward to seeing some images and assisting further with the removal process.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you Mitchell,

All fixed now. I had been trying to unscrew the spout, when all I needed to do was pull it out - because its held in by 2 x O rings. 😊

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I was thinking that was a possibility @serenus. I just didn't want you yanking away for no reason if there was a nut underneath.

It's great to hear you resolved the issue. Please feel free to reach out anytime you need assistance with a project around the home and garden or have something to share with the community.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects