Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Hanging a wall mount clothesline

vikingwench
Finding My Feet

Hanging a wall mount clothesline

Clothesline.jpg

I need to hang a wall mounted clothesline but it has to go on compressed fibre cement cladding.

What fixings should I use???

TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: hanging a wall mount clothesline

Excellent! Great idea giving the space a dual purpose; a functional clothes line and a wall decoration during its days off.

How do you put the pegs on the line?

SuseMck
Cultivating a Following

No problems with pegs @TedBear. the expandable trellis has enough spaces amongst the trellis and leaves to peg, and still looks dense enough from afar. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

It's great to hear you had success with your project @SuseMck. Well done.

That's also a fantastic idea with the screening that I would have never thought of!

Have a fantastic holiday break as well!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Well done @SuseMck and many thanks for sharing the end result. 

Jason

Hi MitchellMc,

I want to attempt to fix a double folding frame clothesline to the internal wall of my garage. 

Ideally I will be fixing it into the studs (assuming they line up) however I am unsure of what kind of fixing to use. It comes with masonry studs but I am assuming that is a tad excessive. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @petarabbit. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about mounting a clothesline.

You'll need to use a timber screw, and something along the lines of a Zenith 12G x 50mm Galvanised Hex Head Timber Screws should be sufficient. 

As previously mentioned, you'll likely need to install some horizontal timber across the studs in order to mount your brackets. A couple of 90 x 35mm Pine lengths should do the job. This allows you to distribute the weight over several studs instead of just two. Also, the distance between the mounting holes on that bracket would likely mean that the screws will be right on the edge of a 45mm studs and that's not great. Better to install horizontal lengths and screw into those.

Fortunately my rendering skills have somewhat improved over the last four years, so here's another visual I created for you.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects