Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I connect an inlet hose to bathroom tap?

beanie97
Finding My Feet

How do I connect an inlet hose to bathroom tap?

46385752-1C75-4C93-94D6-2C80CA1A22DF.jpeg

6CF4893F-C865-4EB0-AB9C-9239BD53E75A.jpeg

63A342AB-362B-47F7-8CB0-CF7EF49BD894.jpeg

   

Hi guys 

ive just moved into a flat with a shared laundry. There’s room in my bathroom to put my washing machine but I can’t figure out which fittings I need to connect my washing machine inlet hose to the bathroom tap. I’ve gotten as far as taking the aerator off as you can see in the photos.

any help would be much appreciated haha 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I connect an inlet hose to bathroom tap?

Hello @beanie97

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about connecting the inlet hose of the washing machine to your tap.

For a quick simple connection, I suggest using the Kinetic Adaptor Aerator Kit in combination with Brasshards 20 x 15mm Brass Threaded Hex Reducing Bush. Please make sure to put some Kinetic 12mm x 10m White Standard Thread Seal between the adaptor and the reducing bush.

Please make sure to use the threaded adapter and not the garden hose connector in the adaptor pack. Double-check that the fitting is nice and tight so that when you turn the water on there will be no leaks.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hiya thank you so much for that, but I can’t figure out how it all fits together - I screw the threaded adapter on the inside of the bathroom tap, and does the hexagon side of the bush connect to the adaptor somehow? So that I can put the washer inlet hose on the threaded side of it? 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @beanie97

You'll notice that in the Kinetic adaptor kit there are three pieces. The centrepiece goes in first into the spout of your tap. make sure to put a rubber o-ring inside before you screw the piece in. It's then followed by the piece that is on the right, it's a threaded piece and not the garden hose type that's on the left.

You then wrap that with thread seal tape and then the brass piece goes on. Make sure they are snug but not overly tight, you can then screw the inlet hose on. I've included an image below of how they might come together. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

That is amazing! Thank you so much 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects