Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I tile over pvc sheet?

Racheldev
Just Starting Out

How do I tile over pvc sheet?

I have a pvc sheet as a backsplash in my laundry currently- what kind of adhesive do I need to use to stick tiles on it? 
do I need special grout as well?

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how do i tile over pvc sheet?

Hi @Racheldev,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you join us.

I would suggest thoroughly cleaning the backsplash with sugar soap to remove any dust or debris that will affect tile adhesion.

Once dry, apply a coat of Dunlop 1L Rapid Bond Coat to the surface. This is a primer that helps adhesives bond to smooth surfaces such as the PVC backsplash.

Once the primer has dried, apply Dunlop 2kg Tile-All Tile Adhesive with a notched trowel, then tile away.

For the grouting, I would suggest Dunlop 1.5kg Flexible Coloured Grout applied with a grout float and tidied up with a tiling sponge.

You might like to check out How To Tile a Splashback and How To Tile A Laundry Splashback for some guidance on the process.

Let me know if you require any further assistance or if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects