Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How remove Mondella tap handle?

bitoola
Just Starting Out

How remove Mondella tap handle?

Hi, 

I have this Mandela handle vanity set, how can I screw it and also to un screw it, there is little hole but I am not able to figure out which tool to use ?

image.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How remove Mondella tap handle?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @bitoola. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about removing a tap handle.

I see you've already removed the tap handle, so are you looking to remove the cover flange that is still on the spindle to access the internal mechanism? If so, the cover flange will screw off anti-clockwise, but it could be stubborn due to scum buildup. You might need to use a tool such as multi-grip pliers, but you must be exceptionally careful not to damage the chrome of the tapware. It's best to wrap masking tape several times around the flange and use a cloth between the pliers and the flange.

Regarding the hole on the handle, inside, there should be a small grubscrew, which is undone with an allen key. This grub screw is what locks the handle onto the upright tap spindle. If you are unable to place the handle back on the spindle, the grub should be backed out and unscrewed anti-clockwise until the handle can be replaced. You can then re-tighten the screw.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects