Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to add a shower head?

favorite0295
Growing in Experience

How to add a shower head?

Hey all.

I have this bathtub with the faucet pictured below. I need to add a shower head to this. Will the simplest approach be replaced the faucet with one with a diverter and an additional water outlet and connect the shower head to that?

IMG20231230213215.jpg

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Adding a shower head

Hi  @favorite0295 

Did  you want a shower hand wand on a flexable  hose or a fixed shower head above the tap and spout.?  Thanks for letting us know.

A wand on a hose would be best 🤞

Hi @favorite0295,

It sounds like the easiest option would be to change the spout for a Shaw & Mason Chrome Bath Spout With Diverter and then attach a hand shower to it. 

An issue you'll find is most of the hand shower brackets are combined with the water input to them, which requires a threaded pipe higher up on the wall. To get around that you could purchase a unit with a standalone rail bracket such as the Estilo Serena Hand Shower And Rail Set. The rail mount gets attached to the wall to hold the hand shower, and then the end of its hose gets attached to the spout diverter.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @favorite0295 

Just to add to the suggestions made. I also recommend using a QEP 8mm Diamond Tile Drill Bit when drilling through tiles. I propose using Ramset 8 x 50mm Universal Anchor - 4 Pack to anchor your choice of shower head assembly. This is a universal anchor set that will work on tiles, timber, and hollow wall applications.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Red

tile bit.jpganchor.jpgarm.jpgspout.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

favorite0295
Growing in Experience

Guys, many thanks and happy 2024. Here's to it not sucking 🥂

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects