Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to change the rain shower head to a hand hold one?

shannon333
Finding My Feet

How to change the rain shower head to a hand hold one?

IMG_6093.jpg                            IMG_6094.jpg

Hello 👋 

I wanna change the shower head to a hand hold one.

I try to screw the point A in the first picture, and find it is easy to make the head off only by 🙌 .

Because I just rent this place, so I want to change the head part only, and keep the arm part.

I hope I can get your advice on this problem, including the tools and the products i could buy in bunnings.

😊 thanks.

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Re: Need help: change the rain shower head to a hand hold one

Hey @shannon333, welcome to Workshop it's a great place to get the advice before heading into your local store so you can walk in with confidence and a budget in mind along with with searching your products through the Bunnings Product Finder App 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bunnings.retail

https://apps.apple.com/au/app/bunnings-product-finder/id1476031964

So it looks like you can remove the head off which is good and by the looks of it and correct me if I'm wrong you are left with a male thread that is you have thread showing?

If the head is stubborn comming off you can wrap the nut with a rag and use a pair of multi grips to turn it, the rag stops scratching.

Screenshot_20220807-050737_Bunnings Product Finder.jpg

Next provided the thread that is left is a male then it is really strait forward of just buying a hand shower kit as per a few options below. The hose / connection size is 15mm so it should screw straight on but I would recommend using some plumbing tape just to seal up the thread.

Screenshot_20220807-051115_Bunnings Product Finder.jpg

How to use plumbers tape video

https://youtu.be/f7mjyzfB9Ec

If the connection on the spout is female you need a male to male hex nipple.

Screenshot_20220807-051801_Chrome.jpg

Once again apply tape.

From there you can choose your hand shower.

Screenshot_20220807-045121_Bunnings Product Finder.jpg

Screenshot_20220807-045655_Bunnings Product Finder.jpg

Screenshot_20220807-045712_Bunnings Product Finder.jpg

When it comes to fixing the holder to the wall there are 2 options.

1. You can use the plate that comes with it and use some good quality double-sided tape like the gorilla tape.

And I always go that bit extra and apply some dabs of silicon that can be scrapped off later.

Screenshot_20220807-052136_Bunnings Product Finder.jpg

Or you can have a look online for a suction holder from places like Amazon or Ebay either way all this is reversible.

Screenshot_20220807-045502_eBay.jpg

As for screwing the fitting up just make sure you use the tape, use the rag so you don't scratch the chrome and don't over tighten just nice and firm.

I hope that helps some

Carl

thanks a lot.

it do help me and I would follow your advice and do some preparation  before I go to the local store 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @shannon333. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing a hand shower.

It's great to see that @CSParnell has been assisting. I thought I'd mention that you can just as easily remove the arm off the wall, screw on a Kinetic Chrome Handspray Diverter and attach the arm back onto it. That way, you can connect the hose to it and have the rain shower and the handheld. The little switch on the diverter controls which one is in operation.

Keep us updated, and reach out if you get stuck.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Cheers @MitchellMc I've screen shot that link so I know for future as well.

Carl

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects