Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to clean a mouldy bathroom plug hole?

lizk
Just Starting Out

How to clean a mouldy bathroom plug hole?

The plug hole in my bathroom basin seems to be plastic and impregnated with mould. It looks like it jas been scrubbed and scratched.

Any hints to clean it up please.

I've used eucy oil and bleach but no luck.

Thanks

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to clean a mouldy bathroom plug hole?

Hello @lizk

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about cleaning your bathroom drain.

Since you've tried eucalyptus and bleach, I suggest trying a traditional cleaning mixture of 1/2 cup of baking soda and 1 cup of Glitz Green 2L Cleaning Vinegar. Tip the baking soda directly into the bathroom drain followed by the cleaning vinegar. Make sure that the cup is clean and that no trace of baking soda is left on the cup. Please note under no circumstances are you to mix the baking soda and the vinegar in the cup.

Once the baking soda and cleaning vinegar are joined together a chemical reaction will occur that will begin cleaning your drain. Give the mixture 5 to 10 minutes to bubble away before washing it off with hot water. If the mixture does not clean out the drain effectively, I suggest trying Selleys 750ml Rapid Mould Killer Remover, spray it directly over the mould and give it 5 to 10 minutes to activate and once the mould starts to loosen up, wash away the mould with hot water. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects