Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect to laundry for outside shower?

ElliKa
Just Starting Out

How to connect to laundry for outside shower?

Our bathroom is getting renovated shortly and we won't have a shower for a while.

Since one of our arranged plans fell through, my family & I are looking at cheaper ways to get this sorted.

We've just bought a double shower tent for wet & dry areas to use outside of the house.

However, I'm not sure how to run or connect up to the laundry taps so that we can have hot and cold water in the shower tent.

How can i achieve this please? 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to connect to laundry for outside shower?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @ElliKa. We trust you'll get loads of help and inspiration for all your projects around the house and garden from our wonderful members. We are certainly looking forward to seeing your bathroom renovation progress - very exciting!

You might like to show a couple of photos of your laundry taps as well as any connections you might have for the shower tent so our members can suggest the best way to hook them up. I'm sure one of our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts in @EricL would be happy to help when he's back on the site later today. Please let me know if you need a hand uploading images.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to connect to laundry for outside shower?

Hello @ElliKa 

Thanks for sharing your question about connecting the hot water to your shower tent. Just to be clear on the shower tents construction, does it have a shower set already installed and you only need hoses to connect to the existing plumbing? If there is no plumbing installed on the shower tent, I recommend having a look at the Devanti Gas Hot Water Heater Portable Shower Camping LPG Outdoor Instant Grey

This continuous gas hot water heater only needs two "D" sized batteries and a standard 9kg LPG gas tank. No special fittings are required, and you can simply plug in your garden hose to supply water. When you consider the amount of money you'll be spending for the hoses, plumbing connections and the shower set itself, it becomes pretty significant.

A cost-effective method of having a shower outdoor is to invest in an outdoor portable shower. This eliminates all the hassle of having to connect and reconnect the hoses, building a shower set up and you don't have to worry about running out of hot water. Plus, should you ever need to set up an outdoor shower again, you'll have one ready to go. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects