Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect washing machine & dishwasher to one tap?

James27
Just Starting Out

How to connect washing machine & dishwasher to one tap?

Hi,

I have bought a small bench top dishwasher to go in the laundry above my front loader washing machine. I am just wondering how I would go about connecting both of the machines to the cold water tap? I see there is a Boston plastic Y connector available but I am after something metal that is going to be higher quality. I'm just not sure on the exact product that will fit.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

441467631_2177489709277778_7673499535586177305_n.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to connect washing machine & dishwasher to one tap

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @James27. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about connecting two inlet hoses.

The most straightforward and least likely to leak solution would be to have a plumber remove the current mini cistern cock and replace it with one with dual outlets, such as the Kinetic 15 x 15mm Chrome Plated Double Mini Cistern Cock.

I am not aware of a singular brass fitting that would suit your needs. There is the Brasshards 15mm 1x Female, 3 x Male 3 Way Tap Adaptor, but it would have an additional two potential leak points over the fitting above and would need the third outlet capped. Once again, a plumber would need to do the install.

Here's a handy guide for the waste connector and for our other members who encounter this discussion: How to connect a dishwasher.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects