Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to design laundry layout?

kim8
Finding My Feet

How to design laundry layout?

Hi there, 

Newbie here. Looking for some advice/plan for a laundry layout please!!

We have pulled out all existing cupboards and sinks. Planning to re-tile in the coming weeks, as well as plumber and electrician. Just needing some design ideas.

I'm hoping to have:

- washing machine (front loader) and dryer under the bench

- sink near the window (so not needing to change location of taps)

- hidden clothes basket in drawer/cupboard

- tall cupboard on the end 

I'm just not sure if all that will fit. 

Hoping to also have lots of cupboards above the bench also.

Measurements:

L) 2.38

W) 1.65

See attached plan for more measurements. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks in advance!!!

laundry plan.jpg

laundry.jpglaundry1.jpglaundry2.jpglaundry3.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to design laundry layout?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @kim8. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about laundry design.

The best place to start would be with @Adam_W's article on How to plan a laundry renovation and our Top 10 most popular laundry renovation projects for inspiration. Next, I'd suggest you jump into the Kaboodle planner and familiarise yourself with it. It's the perfect tool for working out if your desired orientation will fit the area.

I've put a design together for you below, and everything appears to fit quite nicely. Obviously, there are other layouts to choose from, and I'd encourage you to give the Kaboodle planner a go. 

Let me know what you think.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @kim8 

It's great that you've received excellent advice from my colleague @MitchellMc. Just to add to the suggestions made, I've drawn you up some layout suggestions as well. Please keep in mind that due to the size limit of your laundry, the blind corner pantry will be very close to your door entrance. Please have a look and if you wish to see it in another configuration, please let me know. I'll be more than happy to re-arrange it for you.

If you have any other questions we can help you with, please don't hesitate to post them.

Eric

kim8 laundry1A.jpgkim8 laundry1.jpgkim8 laundry2.jpgkim8 laundry3.jpgkim8 laundry4.jpgkim8 laundry5.jpg kim8 laundry6.jpg

kim8
Finding My Feet

Thank you so much @MitchellMc and @EricL for your layouts. 

I have read all the relevant laundry renovation info so will see how we go. I've been trying out Kaboodle planner but don't find it the easiest to use to be honest. 

We are looking at tiling the floor this weekend and then will order the cabinets so will post a picture when complete. 

Thank you

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

We'll be looking forward to your update @kim8.

You should find this step-by-step guide useful: How to lay floor tiles. Let us know if you run into any difficulties.

Mitchell

Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

I also never had a good time with the Kaboodle planner @kim8 , it's something I think they need to work on. Always love seeing what @MitchellMc & @EricL come up with. Personally I would have everything on the rear wall, having a pantry come out would make it pretty tight in there and you'd be met by it as soon as you walk in, I'd also maximise bench space where I could, and I love the idea of having open shelves for everyday things above the sinktop. But if you really need that hidden hamper, Erics first option (far left) seems like the best fit for you. 

You also have the room to have some interior clothes going from the exterior doorway to the opposite wall, things to think about :smile: 

Laundry Help.png

Remarka6le

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects