Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix Mondella shower base drain higher than floor?

Eonevans
Getting Established

How to fix Mondella shower base drain higher than floor?

I purchased a Mondella 3 lip centre outlet shower base. A grate/drain is included, but the drain cap does not fit flush with the floor base. As it just clicks in place I thought it was a temporary fitting. Also that it is relatively loose, I can imagine tripping and dislodging it frequently. I thought I'd obtain an alternative metal or plastic cap, such that it would sit flush with the floor, but I am unable to. I've spoken with several team members at different stores, who also thought it odd not to sit flush.

I've contacted the Mondella site and had some further fitting diagrams of the drain sent to me, but not had my questions answered. Even a plumbing store does not have a drain to fit. I cannot see how I can use an alternate drain without some modification to the base or cutting down a part of the new drain.

Bunnings team members at 3 stores have not had anyone else ask about this, nor the central Mondella contact.

If anyone could advise please. Thanks.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix Mondella shower base drain higher than floor?

Hello @Eonevans, 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your shower base drain.

In order to give our members a better idea of what the shower waste looks like, would it be possible for you to post a photo of the shower tray waste. Can you also please tell me the measurement of the tray? We can then try to assess why the drain cap is not flush with the floor base.

If you need a hand posting the photos, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects