Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix leaking Mondella Maestro classic ceramic tap?

Charlie1512
Just Starting Out

How to fix leaking Mondella Maestro classic ceramic tap?

Mondella Maestro classic quarter turn ceramic taps I've installed the taps and the spout keeps on leaking how do I stop the spout from leaking

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix leaking Mondella Maestro classic ceramic tap?

Hello @Charlie1512 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your leaking taps.

I can think of two possibilities why your tap is leaking. First is that the ceramic spindle has not been tightened enough and is still allowing water to pass through the bottom of the ceramic spindle. Second, is that the tap seat could be damaged. The tap seat is the portion of the tap body where the ceramic spindle sits and seals the water outlet.

I suggest dis-assembling the tap and double checking the tightness of the spindles. If they are firm, the next option is to re-seat the tap body with a FIX-A-TAP 13mm 1/2" Tradesmen Tap Re-seater. The technique to using the tool is to apply standard twisting pressure. There is no need to apply a great amount of force when turning the tool. 

However, if it continues to leak, I suggest engaging the services of a registered plumber to determine where the fault is coming from.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing the leak fixed.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects