Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix loose shower tap to wall?

bergamotblack
Finding My Feet

How to fix loose shower tap to wall?

Hello there!

I have just moved into my first home and there are a few things to be fixed up in the bathroom. Would really appreciate it if someone could advise me on what to do as I am not very handy.

The shower tap is coming off the wall - how should I attach this back on? Is there a concern about water accumulating in the wall due to the hole?

shower tap not attached to wallshower tap not attached to wall

The soap dish twists round and round - should I put some sort of adhesive to secure it?
soap dish twists round and round and round...soap dish twists round and round and round...

Lastly, there are a couple of pitted tiles (is that the right word for it?). Should I seal them up with epoxy or something?
pitted tilepitted tile
another pitted tileanother pitted tile

Any advice will be much appreciated! I feel like these might be really basic issues but I don't have family near me to help, so I'm turning to the Bunnings community :laugh:

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix loose shower tap to wall

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @bergamotblack. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your questions about bathroom repairs.

For the tap, have you tried screwing the cone-shaped collar back down against the wall? By screwing it clockwise, it should return to its normal position against the wall. You might like to scrape off the old silicone and add a small bead of new silicone under the collar before fully compressing it against the wall tiles. This silicone will prevent water from creeping down behind the collar and potentially entering the wall cavity.

I can't imagine many glues would adequately hold the soap dish in position in the shower. You could try some super glue or epoxy glue. Placing a small amount between the chrome and brass section could be enough to cease the rotation.

For the pitted floor tiles, it's more of an aesthetic issue than a problem you must address. You could paint the chipped area to match the surrounds better or seal them with the clear epoxy I linked above.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to fix loose shower tap to wall

Thank you so much for your reply Mitchell! :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects