Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix or replace shower sliding door?

approachmhn
Cultivating a Following

How to fix or replace shower sliding door?

Hi,

we have a broken sliding doors in shower.

please find the images of broken sliding doors attached.

Please suggest on repair or replacing them.

The shower frame is gold colour actually. Black paint on top of that can be peeled off.

The dimensions of each sliding door is approximately 177x29.5 cm.

no other issue except broken sliding doors.

Thanks,

mohan

041D961D-2410-4EA6-BDEB-C80C5A464873.jpeg

A11B909D-7F8B-4790-979C-AABBB8F1C347.jpeg

BDC8D936-8969-41CC-BD68-F3AFC2969DDC.jpeg

87D10F99-D6AD-4BE4-AFEC-B35C2C788AE0.jpeg

4635E578-BD6A-4479-836F-85C0EB487957.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to fix or replace shower sliding door?

Hi Mohan (@approachmhn)

Our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @MitchellMc needs to attend to a family matter today, but will be able to assist you as soon as possible. 

In the meantime, let me tag a few very helpful community members to see if they can assist with how they would go about this repair project: @Brad@TedBear@CSParnell@Remarka6le@JoeAzza@MikeTNZ.

Thanks for your patience,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @mohan,

Considering the aged nature of the door and frame and the peeling paint and damage, I'd suggest you might like to look at replacing the sliding door. A glass panel replacement would make a great addition to the bathroom. You'd need to remove the current frame and sliding door and install the glass panel. You'll need to select a glass panel that is sized correctly for your space. Something like the Modella frameless kit would work well, provided it fits.

I believe you'd find it hard to replace the single broken panel unless you can find out the manufacturer. If the door has only come apart due to missing bolts on the top of the frame, it is possible to repair it if you find the correct-sized bolt.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

@approachmhn I agree with @MitchellMc it's looking very well used but if you need to get it back together as a temp fix the corner piece you could look at some corner braces as per below.

They are zinc plated so they won't last a huge amount of time in the shower and I couldn't find any stainless steel ones but the will either screw in or pop rivet in.

Screenshot_20220904-171433_Chrome.jpg

Thank's for the mention @Jason , I agree with the previous suggestion from @MitchellMc to replace the shower, there's rust, peeling paint and a lot of sharp edges, not things you want in a shower. Bunnings do a bunch of great shower kits that are pretty straight forward when it comes to assembly, if you follow the instructions to the letter you'll end up with a fantastic new shower :smile: 

Remarka6le

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects