Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to hide a right hand skew toilet pipe with wall?

gencleaver
Just Starting Out

How to hide a right hand skew toilet pipe with wall?

Hi there, 

We are looking to re-do our toilet (tiles have already been ripped off the wall).

We are trying to figure out how to to hide a right hand skew toilet pipe with a DIY wall to create a shelf above the toilet, and what sort of toilet we would need? Wall hung? And how we could look to replace the pipe from the sink, I don;t mind it being exposed but I would like it to be a brushed gold? Any ideas and recommendations would be super helpful! thanksIMG_4624.jpgIMG_4625.jpgIMG_4626.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to hide a right hand skew toilet pipe with wall?

Hi @gencleaver,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're looking forward to seeing how you can transform this room and trust you'll get plenty of helpful ideas and advice for all your projects from our community members.

I would encourage you to start by checking out this previous discussion - How to hide pipes on a small floating sink in the toilet? by @LeeA2569. It has some good ideas regarding the sink.

I'm sure our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts will be happy to recommend toilet suites and explore ideas about screening the plumbing. Let me also tag some helpful members like @TedBear and @JoeAzza for their thoughts. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @gencleaver 

My apologies for the late reply. Depending on the available space, your right-hand drain can be converted into a "P" trap set. It will require the pipework to technically make a left turn allowing you to use a standard "P" trap toilet. I propose speaking to your plumber and asking them if there is enough space for the conversion. 

I propose looking at the Mondella Concerto Back To Wall Rimless Toilet Suite. This is a universal toilet suite and can be installed in an "S" or "P" trap configuration. 

• "S" means that the waste can exit through the floor.

• "P" means that the waste can exit through the wall.

In regards to the waste pipe finish for your basin, I suggest thinking about running it through the wall and down into the floor. The cost of replumbing will add to the budget, but it will give you a much cleaner look. However, if it is outside the budget, I suggest using White Knight 300g Metal Guard Spray Paint to colour the pipework.

I've drawn up some sample images and placed them below to give you an idea of what it can look like with the artifical wall in place.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @gencleaver 

To deal with the pipes to your sink, have you considered replacing it iwith a pedestal style sink instead?

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects