Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install washing machine water and waste pipes?

aushousestuff
Just Starting Out

How to install washing machine water and waste pipes?

What tools think are needed to install the connections? Not sure I can get the connection bit on the cold water supply off and it seems slightly too small for the water connection pipe on the washing machine. Also I think I need something for the waste to be clamped down, but not sure what to buy.

Thanks in advance!
undersink by washerundersink by washer

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install washing machine water and waste pipes?

Hello @aushousestuff

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about installing your washing machine.

Your sink actually has all the fittings you need to attach your washing machine. Let's start with the outlet hose, I suggest using a Prime 16-27mm Solid Butterfly Screw Band Hose Clamp to hold the hose in place so that it does not slip out or cause a leak. Remember to slide the clamp in first before you push the hose onto the outlet nipple.

I've attached an image below that describes how you can attach your washing machine hose to the existing outlet. Looking at the picture it should fit, however, if the size is too small you'll need to attach a Brasshards 20 x 15mm Brass Threaded Hex Reducing Bush. I recommend putting some Kinetic 12mm x 10m White Standard Thread Seal on the brass fitting before fitting the reducing bush. 

I suggest using a Craftright 250mm Adjustable Wrench to attach the reducing bush to the other brass fitting. Make sure to slowly turn the water on so that your hose fills up slowly and is not shocked by the sudden increase in pressure. Please have a good look at the image below and tell me what you think.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects