Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to raise height of laundry bench?

Rose4
Just Starting Out

How to raise height of laundry bench?

What is the best approach to raise the laundry bench with sink so that I can fit a standard front loader washing machine under it.

There are tiles lining the wall above the bench, should I attempt to cut them by 1 inch with an angle grinder ? How do I un-attach the bench top from the wall with the last damage ? I'm thinking of maybe adding a piece of wood trim under the bench above the sink cupboard to increase the height.

Thanks

17035359838307167802192598434769.jpg

17035358759142862458625818090169.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to raise height of Laundry bench?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Rose4. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about raising a bench.

What would be the minimum height raised to allow the washing machine to fit underneath? That's not the washing machine in the photo, is it? If so, that's so very close. Have you adjusted the levelling feet to the minimum height? Can you remove the feet altogether?

In order to remove the bench with the least amount of damage, you first need to remove the sink. Check around the benchtop for any brackets attached to the wall or cabinetry, and remove them. Then, if the bench is siliconed to the tile, break that seal and remove the bench. You might not need to cut your tiles as you could raise the bench in front of them and then reattach it.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Re: How to raise height of Laundry bench?

Afternoon @Rose4 

I was about to go through and describe how you could do it, then re-read what both you and @MitchellMc  said :smile: Glad I did. @MitchellMc  has taken the words out of my mouth lol

I first thought you meant to raise the sink itself to fit the dishwasher under (yeah brain was out to lunch there)

I like the idea of seeing if the feet can be dropped or removed if necessary (crossing fingers for you on that)

The bench will probably not be directly glued to the wall, maybe brackets and silicon as MitchellMc suggests.  

Hope you get it to fit :smile:

Dave

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to raise height of laundry bench?

Hi @Rose4,

Just checking in to see whether you had any luck with adjusting the feet of the washing machine. 

Please let us know if we can help further. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects