Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove air in water line?

shashidentist
Finding My Feet

How to remove air in water line?

Hello Dear

The hand washing tap has no water coming out until the Bathroom shower is on for a few seconds

Once Air trapped is out from the Hand washing tap then water runs from the washing tap

sometimes my son will on & off for few times then water will come from the washing tap

Please Suggest

Thanks, For Everything

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to remove air in water line?

Hi @shashidentist,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community! It is wonderful you have joined and thank you for your question about your hand washing tap. This is a strange one indeed. Our resident DIY expert @EricL will be online this afternoon to assist you but I'll check if our great members @TedBear@r23on, and @hazesnow to check if they have any advice.

Would you mind posting a photo of what your hand tap looks like and a view from where the water comes out? This may aid in a solution. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask, we are here to help. 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
r23on
Amassing an Audience

There is only one answer to this

turn every tap hot and cold water on through out the house that includes the washing machine and toilets.

Starting from the back of the house turn each tap off one at a time this should remove all air locks if it does not work reverse the process start from the front of the house and turn the taps off one at a time. If there is still air in the pipes you have other issues.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @shashidentist 

I believe that this is a symptom of a bigger issue. Trapped air in your plumbing system would in theory eventually find its way out. A closed system would force the air bubbles to move to the highest point in your plumbing system. However, if while all the taps are off and there is a leak in your plumbing system, air would enter through that leak and cause an air gap.

The only way to determine this is to have a registered plumber perform a pressure test. This will verify the integrity of your plumbing system and let you know that there are no leaks in the system. 

Another indicator of a leak is the increase in your water bill and consumption. If you compare your bill from last year or a time when there was no air gap in your plumbing, you should see a notable difference in the quantity used.

I recommend engaging the services of a registered plumber to pressure test your system. Once they eliminate the probability of a leak, they should be able to diagnose why you keep having an air gap in that particular part of your plumbing.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your plumbing repaired.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @shashidentist,  to understand the possibilities here, can you please offer a little more information? 

Are you in one or two storey building? Are the shower and the wash basin taps in the same room or on the same level? 

Thanks.

shashidentist
Finding My Feet

Hello Dear

Thanks for all your kind Guidance & wonderful solutions

Today Registered Plumber is coming to view situations

I will keep updating this unusual issues

Thanks for Everything

Shashi 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects