Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove the drawers in a Mondella Rococo floating vanity?

Eonevans
Getting Established

How to remove the drawers in a Mondella Rococo floating vanity?

I'm wanting to install a this floating vanity, it will be easier to remove the drawers first, but I cannot see a simple way to unlatch them to take them out. Is there a way please?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove the drawers in a Mondella Rococo floating vanity

Hello @Eonevans 

Thanks for sharing your question about removing the drawers of your vanity. I suggest trying this method, pull one of the the drawers out to full extension and look at the metal drawer runners on the side. On the side of it you'll see a plastic clip that looks like a little switch. I've placed a picture below to give you an idea of what it looks like. Pushing the clip down should release the runner, do the same for the other side. 

Once the drawer runners have been unlocked, you should be able to pull the drawer out. Repeat the same process for the second drawer. To re-install the drawers, push the drawer runners back into the cabinet and align the drawer with the runners. Slowly push them in and don't force it back in. You will hear a light clicking noise that means that the drawers are locked back in.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Eonevans
Getting Established

Thanks for the reply Eric. Unfortunately they have used a different mechanism in this product. I'm familiar with the one you have pictured, and I'll attach a couple of pictures myself. Yesterday I visited the store and a helpful team member tried extensively to help. But he was not able to work it out as well! It's a head scratcher.

1000004258.jpg

1000004248.jpg

1000004246.jpg

  

Tyro
Becoming a Leader

Hi @Eonevans 

The screws look in good shape, so are you able to  unscrew the entire thing?  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Eonevans,

In your last image, there is a little black plastic tab and there also appears to be what could be a governor inside the track. If you press the tab towards the track does it retract the the part inside the runner and allow the drawer to slide out?

Mitchell

Eonevans
Getting Established

Hello,

I did try to unscrew the front screw, and there is a small metal post next to it which necessitated lifting, but it did not move much so I erred on caution. I didn't want to venture in unscrewing at the back, because I wouldn't have that access when installed. Thinking, I'd need access to maintain the pipes/drain/taps.

I'm thinking I'd need to keep top removable then, not gluing down the top may be required.

Yes the plastic tab looks promising, but neither I or the team member at Nunnawading store thought it actioned that! I'll get a closer look.

In regards to the damper, I can manually trigger it, and it retracts to the back,  it then re-engages when the drawer is closed. Still no ability to remove drawer, nor does it expose anything more underneath.

I'm stumped! I'd say it would be an issue if someone were to install a basin sink and combination top, because that would be very restrictive.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@Eonevans,

Can you please pull the top drawer out fully. Then, look under it just behind the drawer front. Check the two rails on each side. I have a feeling there are two screws that attach the rails to the bottom of the drawer. I believe if you remove these two screws it will let you remove the drawer from the rails.

Take a picture if you can under the front of the drawer when you pull it out and I'll try to identify the screws. Edit: Or, is that them in the last image above? The smaller screw on the right on the little tab. If this drawer is similar to other Modella drawer units, that screw should release the drawer.

Mitchell

Yes, that did the trick.

The Screws underneath the rail at the front need removal and the the drawer will lift up, off the 2 small posts on the rails. Pulling the drawer forward will release the angled metal embedded in the back of the wood. These were quite tight at first as they have cut into the wood. Bingo!

Reversing is now easy, holding the drawer at a shallow angle, lower at the back to locate the metal stops, use you fingers under the edges to hold the rails forward, lower the wood edges down on to the metal posts (which are screw height adjustable), use your fingers to locate the 2 plastic clips on the inside of the rails, they are not used but stop the drawer being lowered flat. The plastic clips don't have a hole to be pushed into it seems. Replace the 2 screws and it's done.

Thanks for your help team, I can now glue up the top and basin in place. Cheers, Ian

1000004374.jpg

  

1000004373.jpg

1000004395.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Eonevans 

Thank you very much for that update. It's good to know that you've managed to remove the drawers from the runners. This should give you full access to the bottom of the basin.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects