Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove the drawers on an Estilo 750mm vanity unit?

hprider
Growing in Experience

How to remove the drawers on an Estilo 750mm vanity unit?

How do I remove the drawers on the estilo 750mm vanity unit. 

17036542008904059804919152036276.jpg

hprider
Growing in Experience

Re: How to remove the drawers on an Estilo 750mm vanity unit?

Thank you Eric.

Heather

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @hprider,

I'm so sorry for the delay in my reply. I've heard back from the manufacturer with the following: "On both sides push down the below lever fully as shown and the drawer will then pull out." 

I haven't seen that mechanism in your pictures. Can you please confirm you have the Estilo 750mm Freestanding Vanity With SMC Top as that was the closest I could find?

Mitchell

drawer.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
hprider
Growing in Experience

Hi Mitchell, 

Thank you for your message.

This picture shows side rails but the rails on this cupboard are underneath the drawer. The tabs are not visible on the drawer runners. 

That is the vanity unit but I note in the pictures on the Bunnings site there is only one hole for the mixer tap but on our unit there are three for two taps and fawcet.

Heather 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @hprider,

I'll provide those details to the manufacturer and see if they have other ideas.

I presume there's a fairly specific reason that the drawers must be removed, but can I ask what that is? Perhaps our members might have suggestions on resolving the issue without removing the drawers.

Mitchell

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

This sounds a bit similar to what we've already tried @hprider, but could you give this a go?

Draw removal is the same across the vanity range.

The draws can be removed by:

1. Pulling desired draw out firstly.
  2. Going under and looking at the end of the runner closest to the front of the draw,
  3. There will be 2 screws on either side of the draw/s that need to be unscrewed/removed
  4. Once these are removed the front of the draw needs to be lifted upwards towards the ceiling, at the same time pulling outwards in a slid-out motion away from the runners.

Mitchell

hprider
Growing in Experience

Hi Mitchell,

Thank you for this however it has been done. I think I have attached photos of this step. 

I was very hopeful this suggestion would work but unfortunately it didn't. When the plumber returned last week he tried this as well as I had not put the screws back in. 

It would seem the drawer cannot be removed. The plumber managed to access the breach at the back and replace the pipe. 

Hearher

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

So sorry I wasn't able to assist you @hprider. It appears that the instructions are either unclear or we're missing something.

Just to clarify, the plumber has completed the work and there is no longer an immediate need to remove the drawers? I just wanted to make sure so I don't leave you in a situation that still needs to be resolved. Obviously, I would have liked to get you the answer you needed.

Mitchell

hprider
Growing in Experience

Hi Mitchell,

Thank you for your message. Yes, the plumber was able to complete the job. It was challenging but the alternative was trying to remove top. No immediate need to remove drawer now.

Thanks

Heather

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects