Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove the drawers on an Estilo 750mm vanity unit?

hprider
Growing in Experience

How to remove the drawers on an Estilo 750mm vanity unit?

How do I remove the drawers on the estilo 750mm vanity unit. 

17036542008904059804919152036276.jpg

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: how do I remove the drawers on an Estilo 750mm vanity unit?

Hi @hprider 

First you need to open the draws and you should  find two black levers on each side of the draw inside the slide rail stand each side of the draws and on the left hand side push the little lever down and on the right side lift it up pulling draw gently outwards.

On some models there mabye a lever lock located  in an opening 30mm past the levers deeper into the draw aslo  inside the sliding channel you need to depress before  operating the levers.

If these instructions dont work  try other combinations of  lever release upwards and or downwards appling gentle force to draw outwards you should feel it slide forward a bit once released.

See how you go. :smile:

Re: how do I remove the drawers on an Estilo 750mm vanity unit?

Hi @hprider 

Found this  youtube video  which may help you more they take screws out ?  I dont think that is necessary,  try the  levers  first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX3uGuGXBpw

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove the drawers on an Estilo 750mm vanity unit?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @hprider. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about removing drawers.

Since Estilo is closed during the holiday break, let's try to solve the issue now. Please push the bottom draw in and then take a picture underneath the top drawer showing the drawer slides and any mechanisms. As @Jewelleryrescue mentioned, there's likely a mechanism to depress that will allow you to remove the drawer. Also, try the old-fashioned method of fully pulling the drawer out, lifting the front at an angle, and continuing to pull it out. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
hprider
Growing in Experience

Thank you for your reply. 

I have tried lifting the drawer on an angle but this was not successful.

I have taken photos of the rails but it is a very tight space and cannot be seen without a camera. 

20231228_103908.jpg

20231228_104754.jpg

  

20231228_103651.jpg

Unfortunately the video of the floating Estilo unit is not applicable to the runners on this unit.

I had a plumber here yesterday who was also unsuccessful in trying to remove this drawer. 

I am wondering if I will need to dismantle the drawer.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

What about the front of the runner from underneath @hprider?  Your last image shows the back of the runner, but typically, there would be a button or lug that needs to be pushed in at the front of the runner to allow the drawer to run off the end of the slider.

I have see mechanisms where the front of the drawer needs to be removed to access it.

Mitchell

hprider
Growing in Experience

Hi Mitchell,

Thank you for your reply.

There are no visible levers or ones that I can feel at front of the runner.

Please see photos.

20231228_154011.jpg

Hi @hprider   Both  myself  and @MitchellMc  are expecting to find a release mechanisim for those draws somewhere yet it is defying  the normal draw sets functions.

The last straw method is to  pull draw out looking for peep holes through the slider and undo the screws mounting the  metal slider to the draw timber itself, . To reinstall is the reverse of this. But with drawer closeto wall the wall side screw hard to access.  

Sorry this is turning into  a bafffing  mystery where it should be easy.

Dear Jewellery rescue and Mitchell,

Thank you both for your help and suggestions. I will look into accessing the screw mounts. 

I need to access the breach for the taps so removing the vanity top is my next option but not my favourite option. 

Best wishes,

Heather

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

There don't appear to be any obvious mechanisms to release the drawer from the runners @hprider. I'd suggest the next move might be to remove the drawer front to see if that reveals any hidden mechanisms.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects