Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repaint bathroom vanity?

Taza
Finding My Feet

How to repaint bathroom vanity?

Hi there,

I would like to paint my bathroom vanity all laminate . I was wondering if I could use Dulux renovation tiles and bench top on the doors instead of buying the cabinet door paint aswell ? 
thanks

RenoRach1
Making a Splash

Re: bathroom vanity repaint

Hi Taza,

I've used the Dulux Renovation range a number of times, for both my own home and a rental property and I'm a big fan.  However, it is frustrating that the tin sizes are very limited and, depending on the size of your project, there can be significant wastage.

Perhaps you could try the cabinet paint (instead of the tiles/benchtop paint) on the entire vanity? Give it try and see how it goes. I guess the worst that can happen is that the benchtop doesn't work out the way you want and you have to repaint it, using the benchtop paint.

My advice is to carefully follow the instructions on prepping the area to be painted - take your time with sanding, cleaning (multiple times), priming and drying; also, use the correct type of roller (don't bother with trying to brush the paint, except for cutting in or hard-to-reach places).

All the best!

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to repaint bathroom vanity?

A warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, @Taza. We're thrilled to have you join us and look forward to being part of your D.I.Y. journey. 

Great to see you've received advice on repainting your bathroom vanity from @RenoRach1. Our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @MitchellMc will also be able to assist as soon as he can.  

In the meantime, let me tag our knowledgeable members @Renowayoflife@sallie24@arielsturdy and @Ari to see if they have any thoughts. 

Keep us updated as your project progresses. We'd love to see before and after photos of your vanity refresh. Don't hesitate to let me know if you need a hand posting photos or getting the most out of the site. Happy to help.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks RenoRach

I’ll give that a go.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Taza,

The Dulux 1L Renovation Range Tiles & Benchtops Gloss White and Dulux 2L Renovation Range Cabinet Doors Satin White are two different products, each designed with a specific use. They are not just the same product re-branded with different labels. For instance, if you run into an issue using either product in the wrong application, that wouldn't be covered under warranty. 

I'm all for saving a buck, and if the two products performed the same, I wouldn't hesitate to say just use one or the other. However, after speaking with the Dulux tech team to see if this was possible, I suggest you stick to the correct product for the job, as Dulux has put great effort into getting things right.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

IMG_9964.jpeg

IMG_9983.jpeg

 came up a treat 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Love your work, @Taza! Look fantastic!

Out of interest, did you use the same product for both surfaces, and if so, what did you use, and how did it perform?

Many thanks for sharing your results.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects