Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair bathtub scratches and dents?

BradLees
Just Starting Out

How to repair bathtub scratches and dents?

Hi Team,

Recently had our bath tap come off the wall and fall into our bathtub. Resulting damage is a couple of scratches and dents in the bath. I would love to fix this, as opposed to risking damaging the bath further.

I have completed a little research but would like some guidance in clarifying a few more questions.

1. How to identify what material the bath is made from? 

- House is approx. 5 years old and was a new build (assume bath is similar age)

- Magnet does not stick to the bath at all, so assuming it is not made of metals

- I can only assume that the bath is made from acrylic material?

2. What would be best product to use to fix attached scratches and dents? 

3. Is colour an issue of proposed product? (will it cure an off-white or gray colour?) and if so, what are options to attempt to match as best as possible?

Thank you for your help!WhatsApp Image 2023-02-13 at 3.15.31 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-02-13 at 3.15.24 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-02-13 at 3.15.16 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-02-13 at 3.12.40 PM (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-02-13 at 3.12.40 PM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-02-13 at 3.12.40 PM.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair bathtub scratches and dents?

Hello @BradLees 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about repairing your bathtub.

I suggest having a look at the PC-11 56g White Epoxy Paste, it is a waterproof product and has excellent bonding characteristics. It has minimal shrinkage and can be applied with a feathered edge finish. It does however dry off-white and will not match your current bath colour. In order to disguise the repair, I recommend using the Rust-Oleum Tub And Tile Touch-Up Kit

Please note that even though the touch-up kit dries white, it will only be a close match to the colour of your bath.

Please make sure to wear a long sleeve shirt, gloves, safety goggles and a mask when using the repair products. It's important that you open the windows and doors of the room to provide maximum ventilation. Be sure to follow all the recommended safety precautions printed on the back of the product.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects